Help With Decision of Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

illmatik

Ok I have a 92 civic dx hatchback, and i have about 140,000miles on it. im new to honda and im thinking about doing a swap, im not going to do the swap myself and i need some help on the engine descison. im looking between these 3 engines, B16A SiR-I or SiR-II or the B16 XSi.

The B16A SiR-I and XSi have Cable Tranny but the SiR-II has a hydrolic tranny, im wondering on whats the difference between the two and which is better, since the SiR-I is about $1500 and the SiR-II is almost $2400.

would the SiR-I go in my car easily even though it has a cable tranny? or does it need the hydrolic tranny..

and whats the difference between all the three engines excluding the Tranny?

sorry for stupid questions but im wondering about this...

thanks

I just put an SIR2 into my 92 civic and the swap was very simple. the sir2 has a cable tranny so you avoid having to convert that and it also has more power, plus it's the correct obd and you bennefit from having a newer engine in your car. plus I believe that it is illeagal to put an engine in that is older than your car

good luck

Originally posted by seanjuan@Aug 7 2003, 04:55 PM
I just put an SIR2 into my 92 civic and the swap was very simple. the sir2 has a cable tranny so you avoid having to convert that and it also has more power, plus it's the correct obd and you bennefit from having a newer engine in your car. plus I believe that it is illeagal to put an engine in that is older than your car

good luck

SIR2 = Hydraulic

Why are you just limiting yourself to the b16's? Have you considered b18's?

1.8 > 1.6

If your are going with the B16 then definately go with the SIR 2. It was a hydro tranny and is OBD 1 just like your chassis is wired for OBD1. Considering other engines is not a bad idea. I would really suggest swapping in an H22 but im a little bit of a H Series whore! :worthy:

Majority of the first gens out there are just so old. For sure the SiRII. If I were in your shoes I would honestly try to save up for some more liters :)

Milan

Back