Help with Knock Sensor on B16a2 Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tdaddylove

Hey guy and girls, I only have two codes to get rid of and then the swap is done. The car runs and it drives good (except it pulls to the right for some reason) but i have two codes coming up on the ecu. One is from the Knock Sensor and the other is the TPS.
Now I know how to adjust the TPS but my main worry is the Knock Sensor. The Knock sensor is in but the plug that clips into the knock sensor is missing. So i found a plug that plugs into it but the only problem is i don't know which of the two wires goes to ground.
From what i read, is that you have to ground out the one of the vtec wires and i believe it has to be the knock sensor since its the only sensor that has two wires and deals with the vtec.
If someone can explain how the wires go by the female plug side facing me with the clip on top, that would be awesome.

I really don't want to ruin my PR3 computer. I saw them goin for like 200 bucks and i got mine for 50 bucks :D

Thanks,

Tim

the knock sensor wires go stright to the ecu i belive, as for the tps... did you swap the outside wires around?

-joseph

Yea i did swap the tps sensor wires around, but i didn't adjust the tps at all. We moved it around a little but i didn't hook up the voltmeter to it yet. I'm pretty sure its wired right though becuase the manual i followed said that if i didn't wire it right the car would rev really high on start up.

The knock sensor has two wires coming out of it and i thought that the other one went to ground. So i'm just gonna run one to the ecu pin and see what happens.

The only thing left then is the intake air temp sensor but i have to buy the sensor. Unless there is a trick to bypass it for now?

there's no trick to bypass the AT sensor. you need to plug it in. You can reuse the AT sensor off your SOHC engine if you still have it.

An actual KS has 1 pin, not 2. The pinout location is D3.

Back