Help with potential swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

directoh

Um, I've just recently bought my first car, a 94 Civic GLi Sedan (I live in Australia, i believe the GLi is equivalent to the LX in the states etc., but am not exactly sure, its a non vtec 1.6 SOHC) and ive found myself loving the car, just not the sort of times, ive been looking into a few possible options for modifications, such as 4-2-1s etc. but it seems that an all out engine swap is the way to go.
My question is what sort of engine swap is most suitable, my thinking was going alnog the lines of a VTi front cut from Japan, with engine, gearbox, LSD(?), and all the rest, has anyone else done a similar swap/know someone who has done a similar swap? And how do the B18 series rate against the B16?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Directoh

if you have the $$$$ i would go with a 1.8 over a 1.6
the B16 is a great engine but many people who decided to go with them are now upgrading to 1.8 setups

what engine you should chose really depends on what you plan to do with the car

B16 is a good platform to start with no matter what direction you are going with your car. I would recommend B18b if you are going turbo for sure. B18c if you are going all motor and even if you want to go turbo and have a lot of $$ laying around.

Peace*

Back