help with swap!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
ok got the motor in and the starter clicks but does not turn over. im not sure about the ground conections and some of the vacuum lines are probaly messed up and there is a sensor on the back with a green connector that i dont have a plug for. so if anyone could help me out with a vacuum hose chart or something like that if would be great. thanks alot

The back plug is the Knock Sensor. You kinda need it, but not to start. Sounds like your starter is bad. Mine was just like that, until I replaced the starter motor, then it worked just fine.

Is the battery fully charged????

If it is past the cold cranking amps area towards dead...then the starter will click.

If you removed the battery and sat it on the ground or concrete...it kinda sucks the juice out of it...so try starting the car with a jump from another car....or throw a charger on the bat.

Also...I believe that Honda plugs have a color code system to them...like green is cooling fluids, pink is trany...etc...

and if it is the starter..that is fried, then hit up Autozone...they are pretty cheap..and sometimes yuo can get lucky and they sell you a decent one the first time..hehe

yeah i change the battery with a good one and nothing. so i think its the starter. i have to push the clutch pedal down to start it but the clutch cable is not connected, but the pedal is all the way down. could that be a problem?

the safety switch is on the pedal assymboly...so thats not a problem.....

If the battery is good, then that narrows down the problem. This engine you swapped in...was it from a running car?...is it easy to rotate by hand while the trany is in nuetral?...if the engine is old, or from a junkyard..or has sit for a long time with water in the cylinders...then it could be seized up, and no starter is going to rotate it to start.

But if it rotates fine, then clean the grounds on the battery, the chassis, and the engine....if that still don't work...head to a parts store. :)

yup it rotates freely and i dont have axles in it. so the grounds do matter on the engine and chassis? i only have the one from the valve cover to the radiator support.

there should also be one on the trany...... ;)

and the valve cover is not really a cood ground....it works, but not to its full potential...

a few 4 gauge wires with some cheap loop hole connectors crimped on, then bolted to a few spots around the engine and chassis helps a few things......you can never be tooooo grounded. :lol:

Back