Help with troubleshooting 92 Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, it is expensive unless you get a used one. The only thing serviceable on the distributor is the cap, rotor, and coil. Anything else pretty requires replacing the distributor unless you buy a donor(which means you still have to buy one).

The average price of a distributor is between $150-$200, unless, like Kevin said, you get a used one. Most parts stores will carry this, and some even carry re manufactured ones as well as new ones.

Well, he had no choice but to replace it. I called and the auto store had it in stock and so I got and had it here when he got home from work. He just shook his head and said, "I just don't see this being the problem"....STUBBORN. Guess what? He replaced the distributor and the CEL is off....no more codes! I've been ribbing him ever since.

You guys here (and on the other board I initially posted) are GREAT....George777, especially for basically holding my hand and guiding me through this adventure.

Now, I can't give you any advice on cars, as you can tell....but if there's any recipes, household hints or other domestic advice you need...I'm your girl! LMAO

Glad to see everything worded out well.

There are a good bunch of people on this forum. There is a ton of knowledge and information that you can get. Come back for more help any time you need it, or just to chew the fat.

Best wishes!

Back