Help !!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dwn2low

Ok here is the deal. I just replaced the head gasket on a 93 Civic HB DX (auto). I went to crank up it cranks but will not start. So I used one of those compression testers that screw into the spark plug socket and got 90lbs on all 4 chambers. I then tested all my wires and spark plugs. 1 was not sparking so i replaced it. Now it still won't start but it will crank (wah, wah.wah) What now?

1. Is 90 lbs good or do i need more?
2. Is it fuel, if so how would i check to see if it is getting it or not?
3. WTF could it be :)

your compression should be much higher, but atleast the numbers are all even across the board, chances are you aren't doing it correctly, I would check the distributor, all plugs, wires, etc.

Ok I just tightened the shit out of my bolts and it boosted it to about 100. Is it possible the head is warped? I have another head so i'm cleaning it up now and going to put it on latter this afternoon.

Ok just so anyone knows who has this problem I fixed it.

1. Make sure compression guage is straight upright. That means you need 2 people to test.

2. Replaced head this time i took some 220 grit sand paper to the head and block to ensure that they were clean of gasket material.

3. Placed timing belt forward 2 teeth. Sounded like a motter cycle then I went back 3 almost started then back 1 more and started like a charm.

4. The head I had was 8valve vs the old one 16valve. In order to keep a good idal you need to unplug the IACV.

Mark

Back