Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My swap still has some problems. OBD1 B16a in a '91 civic Ex.

When I start from a stop, if i full throtle it, it seems slugish and starts off to a slow start, but picks up after 3000 RPM.

But when i slowly give it gas and i release the clutch, it seems like its going to die.

The problem happens between the range of 1000-3000 RPMs

So what i have to do is just dump the clutch at 3000, like im at the tracks, but i don't want to wear my clutch out.

Another problem is that after driving it, I shut off my engine, and when i try to start it later it idles very low, sometimes where it is going to die. Then I give it some gas, and keep the RPMs at 1000 for like 30sec, it startst to idle fine.

Pleas help me, my car has not been happy with this swap for almost a year now.

Parts already changed.
EACV
Plugs
Cap/Roter
MSD wires
Battery (Optima Red Top)
Some vacuum Lines

And does any one know which pins on a OBD-1 pr3 or any obd-1 ecu, to jump to see the engine codes?

Also does any one have a vacuum line diagram for the OBD-1 B16a

FYI: Engine is B16a out of '93 Xsi teg, so OBD-1 pr3 (I'm positive). grey plugs and all.

Thank you,
Chris

i sure wish i could show you the helm's...

i have a 90 teg with an obd1 XSi motor too. so... hmm... let's see...

ok... so your car is obd0 yes? did you do an obd conversion harness to run the pr3? if so, you should have run a wire to a toggle so you could use your CEL.

Yeah car was OBD0.

I don't have a toggle hooked up to use my CEL. I need to know what pins from the ecu i connect it to. Where is your toggle connected to?

did you get a conversion harness from jason? (jkobd) if you did, there was an extra wire run...

we just took that wire, hooked it up to a toggle, then ran the other side to a good ground.

then, if the toggle is flipped OFF, you see no CEL, unless you have a code. when the CEL toggle is flipped ON, it will blink, giving you the code. :)

what ECU are you running?? the obd0 or obd1 ecu?

i will go check and see what pin it is, but i don't know if jumping it will be the best solution, you'd have to do so EVERY time... now, if you do the toggle method, it'll be SOOOO much easier. :)

Back