help...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpower

my b18c block is i guess knocking...its in my 91si and i have no clue what to do...runs fine, but what can i do???

well if its knocking the only thing you can really do is not beat on it. Use thick oil and hope it doesnt throw a rod.it needs to be rebuilt new bearing and such.I spun a rod bearing and I took a chance and only changed the rod bearings with it still in the car. The knock went away but it came back after about 8 months, but it wasn't loud like before. I drove it like that for a year and a half before I got another motor but it still runs now its my back up.

i just bought 5w-30 Mobile 1 full synthetic and plan on changing it tomorrow...the knocking only started when i bought some stuff from kragen that stops smoke from coming out of your exhaust...i had some smoke come out at high rpm...now no more smoke, but since i poured that 1qt of contents into my oil crankcase this knocking has begun...hopefully with the oil change tomorrow it goes away...any clue or ideas anyone???

Back