1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by lans, Jul 1, 2007.

1. lans

lans New Member

okay heres the deal i have a 92 eg i swapped a obd2 96 ls motor b18b1 so i converted my car to obd2. i swapped every thing and i used a jumper harness and a non vtec p75 ecu and now when i start the car up it just dies so i have to hit the gas to keep it started and when it gets hot the motor runs okay but the cars bogs out. i just installed an obd2 cat and 02 sensor but i cant find out what wires in the ecu i could hook it up to so please hep me

2. lans

lans New Member

some one please help

3. honda801

honda801 New Member

I am having the same problem and i dont know what it is but just to let you know i decided to get on it and spun a bearing nad threw a for right through the side of my block so if i wereyou i would not drive it, oh yeah and i have been trying to figure out what went wrong but i have got no help so i hope someone answers your thread because i havent had any help!

4. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

car bogs out.. what exactly do you mean by this?
    if you are getting symptoms like loping idle (idle moves erratically) or when u hit the gas the idle bounces kinda (sounds like hitting redline) then you might want to check the iacv. i have an obd2 ls in my ek, and i had to do some repinning in order for the iacv to work. in fact im almost positive you do. check this out.
    Honda-Tech.com: Hybrid: Gathering EK wiring information ...
    scroll down to where he explains the IACV mod. you may need to do that if you havent already.

5. honda801

honda801 New Member

THANK YOU! finally somebody who knows what they are talking about. i dont want to name names but numerous people on a site tried telling me 99-00 si dizzy had the smaller plug, finally after looking everywhere i just decided to wire it myself. (i did some research and the extra blue wire is just a tach) and it worked so hopefully i can follow instructions enough to re-do some of the wiring like it shows and get it running right, and i hope this helps the fella that posted this. if you read this follow it correctly i am sure it will help. i have been through lots of sites and people and this is the only one that has made sense. i will try it and let you know how it goes and where the problem was.

6. lans

lans New Member

the iacv in my car is a two wire not a three but iam going to try that plug pinout. and my car has been wasting a full tank gas in a day

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted