Hf monster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joesbadcrx

OK i read the hf monster forum.I am buying a a6 head.Ok that will help it out to right?Also cant i just go with a a6 top end like the intake mani?Also cant i use a 88 integra ecu instead of the si?All the help would be great.

ok, you will probably need to swap out your pistons to the dx ones because of the fact that the hf motor only has 2 valve reliefs per piston instead of 4, https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50912. with a 16 valve head this will be an issue. use the a6 head, cam, IM, injectors, and TB to get the best flow out of everything. using your hf mani and tb on the hf head will be pointless, you will just be choking your motor. and yes, you can use the 88 teg ecu(pg7) on this setup. it has better fuel curves and a higher rev limiter than the pm6 ecu. im using it on my sohc non vtec zc and i love it, way better than the pm6 IMO.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Jan 25 2005, 11:57 PM
"hf monster" thats an oxymoron
[post=451557]Quoted post[/post]​

a lot of people have made good power from 1.5 blocks, dont dis right away

Originally posted by ryan89crx+Jan 26 2005, 12:24 AM-->
ef9civicgen4
@Jan 25 2005, 11:57 PM
"hf monster" thats an oxymoron
[post=451557]Quoted post[/post]​

a lot of people have made good power from 1.5 blocks, dont dis right away
[post=451560]Quoted post[/post]​

dudes right, i've seen people crank almost 200hp out of one, don't know haw stable it is, but it can be done. of course with $$$$

alot of power huh. ive seen people spend a fraction of the cost of what it takes to get 200hp out of an HF, buy a B18 and boost it to 230whp. ive raced a turbo'ed HF @12psi and walked on him with 4ppl in the car and a full tank of gas, and all i had was a bone stock B16

seriously, i put my turbo kit together for less that $1200. and it basically the same kit that drag is selling for $3k.

heres what i would do, buy a B18 motor, tranny, and ecu for like $350. i know someone who is selling mounts for like $150. Buy civicous' axles for $100. You'll need to change your hub. All in all it will cost about the same amount and the B18 has soo much more potential.

ive raced a turbo'ed HF @12psi and walked on him with 4ppl in the car and a full tank of gas, and all i had was a bone stock B16

i call bullshit unless he had his timing retarted by 90 degrees and the hf was dropped into an accord...

i think only having 2 valve reliefs is what boosts the compression ratio, but not sure on clearance issues...

you find me a GOOD b18 motor trans and ecu for 350 and i will sell you my soul

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 26 2005, 03:15 PM
ive raced a turbo'ed HF @12psi and walked on him with 4ppl in the car and a full tank of gas, and all i had was a bone stock B16

i call bullshit unless he had his timing retarted by 90 degrees and the hf was dropped into an accord...

i think only having 2 valve reliefs is what boosts the compression ratio, but not sure on clearance issues...

you find me a GOOD b18 motor trans and ecu for 350 and i will sell you my soul
[post=451751]Quoted post[/post]​

Shortbusrebel07, or his ex-girlfriend, or brian11to1 can vouch for the race. he even had a gutted interior, but he also had one passenger. oh, and i had the ACT clutch.

as for the b18, shortbusrebel07 just sold a bottom end for $80, he was going to sell the head for $80 (but traded for some springs) i was going to sell a tranny for $150(but traded it for a blow off valve and some oil lines.) that looks like it leaves you with about $40 to find an ecu. and all of it was in decent condition considering it was a 10 years old engine.

you can check and see how much it cost to ship your soul to 64055. :p

there are good deals out there, you just have to wait and look. oh, and being friends with shop owners doesnt hurt either.

if anyone is interested, theres a running b16 shortblock w/50k miles for $100 in the KCMO area.

you can check and see how much it cost to ship your soul to 64055.

lol
nice

but i thought we were talking about a complete swap, not a piece it together b18, lol

and i;m impressed about the race, suprised but impressed...

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Jan 26 2005, 12:01 PM
[post=451745]Quoted post[/post]​

but he is asking about a head swap also, so he wont have the 8 valves anymore and will also have an si intake mani. sure the boosted hf will be slow, but make a mini-me out of it with an si tranny and its a whole different animal.

So know all i have to do is buy the si intake mani and thats it or what else?And i can just use my stock pistonsor do i have to buy the dx or si pistons?

ya, you're not going to want to use your hf mani and tb. have you ever compared the a6 and the b6 ones? it will severely choke your motor
77065175.jpg

i would also suggest using the dx pistons so that you know for sure that you wont have any valve interference.

hey joesbadcrx rather then mess around entirely why not just swap to the a6 motor, tranny intake manifold? i may have a setup for sale that would need a clutch but very strong motor, if interested let me know and drop me a price (email: twomuchboostrx7@aol.com)

oh yeah and if really interested i may also have a z6 head (sohc vtec) complete (needs spark plug orings and distributor) with intake manifold fuel rail and pressure regulator if you want to mini me it up. i was going to build a mini me turbo but just aquired an ls for a great price. i can even do the mini me conversion (as far as bolting it all up and what not) so all you would have to do is put in your car (with a fresh clutch and resurfaced flywheel) and either obd0-1 convert with a p28 ecu and some wiring. just some more suggestions.

Back