hi flow cat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLA5151

going to get a high flow cat for my new exhaust piping.... other than getting one that will fit up is there really any importance in choosing one?

Do not buy any ebay brand "high flow cats"; you will get a test pipe. I have heard good things about magnaflow cats, and carsound. Catco makes a direct fit hight flow catalytic converter for your car too. I ran one on my old 99' si, and was pleased with the quality.

Random Technology is another brand that makes a high flow cat. I havn't heard much about them, other than that they differ in design from the rest mentioned, and cost more.

99sidude said:
Do not buy any ebay brand "high flow cats"; you will get a test pipe. I have heard good things about magnaflow cats, and carsound. Catco makes a direct fit hight flow catalytic converter for your car too. I ran one on my old 99' si, and was pleased with the quality.

Random Technology is another brand that makes a high flow cat. I havn't heard much about them, other than that they differ in design from the rest mentioned, and cost more.

......OK I repeat...... is there any importance in choosing a hi flow cat......any factors?
will a certain brand melt? does one of the brands you mentioned play music when exhaust passes thru it??

I have only heard great things about these brands. None will melt or play music, and all flow relatively the same. Just make sure that if you are looking for maximum performance, don't buy a direct fit converter. Allthough these will bolt on, the intake and exit are stock diameters. You will need to weld on a cat with larger than stock piping.

Last edited:
I am just looking to complete my exhaust system...I just got a 4-1 header in from RMF for my app (listed in my sig) and just want a recommendation on a high flow cat that will work well with that RMF header...any suggestions?

i bought an ebay one and i have had no problems, it was cheap and a fraction of the weight of the stock one. it was a straigh through design, it will make you exhaust have a higher pich. and alittle louder.

yeah, but does that actually clean the exhaust, or is it just a resonator? A catalytic converter isn't strait through. It has a honycomb core that does the emissions work.

ya i know, but i dont have to worry about emissions. sorry. all that are ebay are straight threw design. but i'm not to for sure were you can get an aftermarket one?

i got an ebay high flow cat upside is that it muffled the sound compared to my high flow i had. But the con's are that it was about 1/4 in. too short and about 3-4 months after haveing it you can tell the insides were breaking away because of a horrible metal tapping sound. But im switching back to the test for that little extra power. id go skunk2 or like my new one omni.

Back