1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HID Coversion Clueless...

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by Thurobred, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Thurobred

Thurobred Thurobred

I have a 2007 civic sedan and I have no idea where to start with an HID conversion... Is is super tough to do? What brand do you all recommend? and whats the risk? is there a certain temp range safer than the others? I'm pretty savvy with my domestic but I'm new to Honda's. Is this something i can handle in my garage on a Saturday... Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

1 person likes this.
  2. luky1380

luky1380 New Member

or you can buy same kit on ebay for like $40
    and if you got little understanding how put few connectors together yes you can do it in few hours
    and if you want best quality from HID go with Phillips but cost more
    plus you probably know how it works: you get what you pay for
    the other thing is stock headlights with HID kit probably not going to give you same light distribution and pattern as real HID headlights because they simply not made for HID bulb and you may be surprised but some head lights will have better light with stock bulb than with HID bulb and the other thing is if car uses same bulb for both high and low beam than you will lose your high beam unless you will buy bi-xenon HIDs
    And dont be disappointed if you will put HID kit and it will look cool and bright when you going to be standing on front of the car but when you will be driving it at night you not going to see anything
    Stay away from aftermarket projector headlights like you will see on ebay or any other store, yes they look nice but quality of light is very poor. If you want good HID projector lights you will need to buy real HID projector(projectors for HID are different from projectors with halogen bulb) and fit them to headlight housing which takes alot of time and knowledge but end result is high quality real HID light
    And on temperature get 6000k which is cristal white or 8000k which are bit more blueish anything lower than 6000k will be yellow(like for fog lights you can use 4500k which are yellow) and anything more than 8000k will be to blue and want light the road up very good

3. RoughKnight

RoughKnight Christmas Car

god damn fixed cause my brain hurt the first time

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

holy crap.. someone hasnt heard of puncuation

5. luky1380

luky1380 New Member

lol ok sorry want happen again thanks for the fix

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted