High comp. wit NOS??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

i got a 98 GSR engine, im gona be rebuilding it to hopefully have around 12:1 comp. and i was thinkin i might wana do a NOS set up also cuz i cant realy afford the trubo, can i do that high of comp. and still do NOS? will it make me faster? or will it blow my motor up faster?? and how much is a set up usualy cost? also i am gona be replacing the pistons, valve headware, mill the head and square the block, what would i be looking at for a good shot of NOS?

you can spray a engine at 12:1 compression no problem. Nawwws kits usually go for about $500. if you dont use ARP studs when assembling your block, you are asking for trouble. i wouldnt give it more than a 75 shot. Nawwws is safe to use if proper fuel adjustments are done to avoid detonation. i would also look into getting stainless valves if you are gonna spray it.

Originally posted by CRseX84@Nov 5 2003, 02:08 PM
what do you have to do inorder to run a higer shot?

change the jets

*the things that spray the nitrous and fuel mixture*

High compresion motor love nitrous. I would suggest using forged pistons, aftermaket rods,sleves the block or at least use block guard. Use direct port wet kit for a safer and make more power. I know a guy using 12:1 com. on a 200 shoots of nitrous run low 11s. I am also using NOs direct port wet kit on my turbo ls/vtec and cooler plug will help u out a lot. :D

Stay away from NOS with Casted pistons, such as CTR or P30's. I dont think they will hold up long.

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy@Dec 1 2003, 12:40 PM
arent u supposed to go half your HP rating when using "nitrous"..

READ MY SIG.

This is true when using a stock motor and stock fuel injectors. To run a bigger shot you would need to upgrade to atleast 310cc injectors and a larger fuel pump. As stated before, nitrous is safe when you have the proper fuel upgrades.

Back