High Revv Build?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daveholiday

Do work
I'm trying to do my own research, but not getting much. I got a lot on mistubishi's, thats about it. In building a high revving motor, I'm under the assumption that you build your head, being a more agressive cam, springs, and retainers. Valves too? I donno. If this is wrong, someone correct me now. In this though, what about the bottom end? What kind of changes is need to be made to make sure that the bottom end can keep up, or is this just not a problem?

Advice in its strongest form, criticism, whatev it may be. I've got work to do and I need to do it right, but you gotta have the information to do it right, and personally, I don't want to build my car based off a mitsu.

And see, I honesltly don't want much out of my little D. I'd love to get around 150 whp if that's at all possible, since this turned from a mini-me to an all out project, I don't really have a huge time limit. I mean I planned on using some p29's as well on the lower end (unless I find out clearance issues,) but thinking back my stock a6 redlines at 6500. The y8 I know makes power up to 6700, so I was wondering if it'd be save to take it that high on occasion, and then I thought, well hell, why not just do it all?

Once again, I'm in your debt. I'm glad to know that the p29's will work, and I'll take your advice with this to the tee. I guess I didn't think about the tuner setting the redline, but that does make sense.

That makes perfect sense to me. I'll be sure to get the rod bolts, I don't need anything blowing up after spending the time and money on this. I assume with your expertise, that this for my power goal would be say, a relatively bulletproof build?

I'm on there a lot, but I feel more welcome here for some reason so I haven't gotten around much there, mostly just to their tech articles.

I've noticed that. I posted a thread asking about the obx intake manifold, and I got more responses asking why I would even consider it or get it rather than about the actual IM itself

Back