High RPM's!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiR II

Hey guys i have a question. I just got a jdm b16a swap in my ek, and when i picked up the car i went on the highway. At 100 km/h i was at 3,500 rpm's. At 120 i was at 4,500. Is this normal? I know this is a high reving engine but seems kind of too high, its gonna kill me on gas! lol

thanx

well with my Jdm b16 when i'm doin 80 mph its at around 4k so it sounds normal...swap your 5th gear with an LS 5th and problem solved

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey guys i have a question. I just got a jdm b16a swap in my ek, and when i picked up the car i went on the highway. At 100 km/h i was at 3,500 rpm's. At 120 i was at 4,500. Is this normal? I know this is a high reving engine but seems kind of too high, its gonna kill me on gas! lol

thanx

Don't do 120 km/h then. That sounds like it's right around 80-85 mph anyway, you don't need to go that fast. But even when I do that, I still get 27-29 mpg. I need a tune up too. :cry:

:werd: Very normal on a b16a. You'll still get almost 30mpg if you drive it gently.

yeah i mean il only be over 3k on the highway, when driving in the city il just have to do extra shifting, amazing how at 70 KM/H im almost at 2,500 rpm's in 5th!. Never been in a car like that, actually on the way to pick up my car i was driving my gf's car, she has a 2000 mustang auto, and at 140 KM/H i was at 2,500 LOL thats double the speed of my car...

So how many miles or kilometers should i be able to do on a tank?

What was the original engine in your EK? I know 99-00 Si's have an 11.9 gallon tank, but I'm not sure if the EXs and such have a smaller one or not.

I think they all have the same capacity for the tank.. but i know that your GF's mustang at 2,500 rpms uses more gas than your car at 6,900 rpms :)

I have 30,000 miles on mine. All hiway at 4000 rpm. Get 31 MPG. who cares when red is at 8200. You will get used to the revs. You wouldn't complain about this rpm on a bike.

Back