Higher compression pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraslut78

Stylus DJ Extraordinaire
I have a LS motor and I would like to raise my compression a lil bit to get the full use from my Crower 403s. What is a good piston that will work for me?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

CTRs. Or I can get you some 13:1s from my work..... :ph34r:

There is a website that you can enter your block, head, and different pistons and it will calculate your compression ratio. I'm kinda busy at work so do a search. Or maybe someone kewl will post it up..... :p

pr3's or p30's...

oem honda, perfect fit with no machining, 91-octane-friendly compression.

and you can usually find them cheap.

im using GSR pistons for my ls build. itll put my comp. at 10:1 comp. insted of the 9:1 from the LS.

higher compression means more fuel. i recommend you get a fuel rail, pump, regulator, and a good engine management system. You're not gonna make a whole lot of power without more components that will benefit the high compresion.

Originally posted by VTECGT@Sep 29 2004, 12:03 PM
The compression on the CTR piston is 10:8:1.
[post=396252]Quoted post[/post]​

I think you are wrong pistons do not come with specific compression it depends on your head and your block and a few other things as well. I think do not quote me this its just what I was told by people on here but people lie to me on this site all the time and tell me I am stupid.

the piston to deck heights between the B18a/b/c and b16b are different. a ctr piston in a b16b block with the b16b crank gives you 10.8:1 CR. i keep hearing different things with ctr pistons in a b18a/b/c block with b16 head, ranging from 11.6:1-12.3:1

You can use the compression calculator at c-speedracing.com. It gives you block, head and all the options and then it figures out your compression.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Sep 29 2004, 02:04 PM
You can use the compression calculator at c-speedracing.com. It gives you block, head and all the options and then it figures out your compression.
[post=396339]Quoted post[/post]​

and it will give you the incorrect number when using the pct piston. for some reason they have the b16b block the same as the b16a block, which is not true. the b16b block is a b18c block with a b16 crank in it.

Back