History of my engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm a little confused on tracing this motor. I bought it from a company in miami called alljapaneseengines.com. Heres what it came with:

B16A stamped on the block with a serial number beginning with a 6.
P2T OBD2 ECU (although myself an my friend who is a mechanic could not find a 2nd O2 sensor plug, and the CEL does not come on.
Complete uncut right hand drive harness.
A small blue metal plate written in half Japanese, half English that says GF-EK4 type SI.

So... A B16A stamp and obviously a right hand drive harness, it's not USDM. Duh.
But... I thought only the USDM SI came with a P2T ECU. And I did some searches on Yahoo and a GF-EK4 came up as a 4 door Civic "Ferio". What the hell is that :blink: ? And that was only on 2 sites, cause all the others with that code came up in Japanese so I couldn't read it. But other searches I've done with my combo show the VTI, which is like European or something, right?
And where the hell is the plug for my 2nd o2!!!!!????? How come I'm not throwing any codes- one site I read said a JDM ECU won't search for a 2nd O2. ??????

I'm just curious as to what exact car this engine came from. Anyone?

Sorry to do this to you, but both the hatch, and the Ferio are classed as EK4. It for sure isn't europeon, as our four door, and four door hatch's are MB's and MC's, as we don't have a four door or coupe EK with a B16A, only the five doors (with B18C4's) and the hatch's (EK4).

did u order it from their website? i tried my ass off to order from them, but everytime i clicked on 'buy this motor' or whatever, it just took me back to the main page...and i couldn't find any contact nubmers or anything

as far as what your motor came from, i have no idea.

If you still need to contact them you can call them at 305-685-2550, ask for Charlie. They did a great job shipping, fast too. I'm not too concerned where the motor came from, I'm just curious because it's JDM, but it had a USDM ECU. Or at least I think the P2T only came in USDM. Usually everytime you see these motors for sale, they offer a P30 and say that it's available in OBD-1 or OBD-2, which I don't really understand how. And the O2 sensor thing is killing me!

Back