History repeats itself?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
It is the letter from William Pitt to the House of
Lords on November 18th, 1777.

It's entitled An English Plea For Peace With The American
Colonies ;

" My Lords, this ruinous and ignominious situation, where we cannot act with success, nor suffer with honour, calls upon us to remonstrate in the strongest and loudest language of truth, to rescue the ear of Majesty from the delusions which surround it. You cannot, I venture to say, you CANNOT conquer America.

"What is your present situation there? We do not know the worst; but we know that in three campaigns we have done nothing and suffered much. You may swell every expense, and strain every effort, still more extravagantly; accumulate every assistance you can beg or borrow; traffic and barter with every pitiful German Prince, that sells and sends his subjects to the shambles of a foreign country: your efforts are forever vain and impotent- doubly so from this mercenary aid on which you rely; for it irritates to an incurable resentment the minds of your enemies, to overrun them with the sordid sons of rapine and of plunder, devoting them and their possessions to the rapacity of hireling cruelty!
If I were an American, as I am an Englishman, while a foreign troop was landed in my country, I never would lay down my arms! ~ Never! Never! Never! "

so are the "private contractors" used by the CIA for interigation considered mercinaries?

naw, Jason Bourne is retired

in all seriousness, the saying is true.

"those who don't know the past are doomed to repeat it."

"They want to speed up the transition. One has to laugh when confronted with this Commission, this gang of shit-eaters who are undeserving of the world's respect," said Castro, scoffing in reference to the U.S. government's agenda.

bahahahahhaha

castro called the bush reich a gang of shit eaters????
lmao, i wonder if this quote is accurate and word for word...

If the English, during the revolutionary war, had intended and succeeded in setting up progressive schools, ridding the American lands of intolerance, female abuse and human rights violations, as well as setting up efficient utilities and clean drinking water -

Then they would have won.

Once again I will post up articles from the mainstream media that you should read that I hope, fruitlessly, will open your eyes:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,73...63870_1,00.html
http://www.jnewswire.com/library/article.php?articleid=927
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050912-122024-9420r.htm

That link is a payservice, this is the first 300 words excerpted:

THE WEST’S LAST CHANCE WILL WE WIN THE CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS
THE WASHINGTON TIMES ^ | September 13, 2005 | Tony Blankley
THE WEST’S LAST CHANCE - WILL WE WIN THE CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS

By Tony Blankley THE WASHINGTON TIMES September 13, 2005

'An Islamist threat like the Nazis' But that survival instinct is threatened by the multiculturalism and political correctness advocated in media and academe -- and institutionalized in national and European Union laws and regulations for half a century. Europe's effort at cultural tolerance since World War II slowly morphed into a surprisingly deep self-loathing of Western culture that denied the instinct for cultural and national self-defense. If Europe doesn't rise to the challenge, Eurabia will come to pass.

Then Europe will cease to be an American ally and instead become a base of operations (as she already is to a small degree) against us.

Prepared to Murder What Muslims say and do now is the measure of the political, cultural and military danger facing the West. Most other religious developments around the world, such as the spread of Christianity in the Southern Hemisphere, have benign or nonviolent consequences. However, the overwhelming political fact deriving from the ferment in Islam is that, to some degree, some percentage of Muslims are prepared to murder -- and are murdering -- great numbers in what they feel is their religious duty. Many more Muslims are, to some degree, supportive or protective of these killers. Even more Muslims, while not supportive of such tactics, share many of the terrorists' religious convictions and perceptions.

So to anyone that wishes to compare Iraqi occupation with American Revolution I want you to know the following truths:

The British supported us so that we could make them money in the international marketplace. They did not allow us to settle for the purposes of thriving and becoming world players.
The British were oppressive, Not quite as, but almost as they are now. We seperated from them, they didn't invade us.
Freedoms were denied under British rule - the Revolution fought for freedom.

In Iraq the US forces are there as a coalition of over 20 other countries. This is NOT US vs THEM.
We invaded in a response of a regime that caused (as others in this same area cause) conditions of blight and oppression.
We are improving their lives, love us or don't, we are giving them power, food, clean water and better schools than Saddam EVER did.

So take this kind of anti-american bullshit and blow it out your ass. This type of sentiment isn't anti-bush - it's anti american and I will defend it foaming mouth, grinding teeth and bourne claw.

-> Steve

first off to the clash of cultures theory...

this seems to be saying that all muslims are either murders, or support theirs brothers who are murders...
this is absurd...
a SMALL population is fundamentalist, but this population is growing now that their country is being occupied and the citizens being trampled...

The British were oppressive, Not quite as, but almost as they are now. We seperated from them, they didn't invade us.
Freedoms were denied under British rule - the Revolution fought for freedom
i would call the US occupation at least, IF NOT MORE SO, oppressive, as compared to the British vs american issue

In Iraq the US forces are there as a coalition of over 20 other countries. This is NOT US vs THEM.
over 20 countries?
ok, what are THEIR military numbers compared to ours? how many countries are withdrawing their militaries? increasingly so now that the truth about the run up to the war is starting to come out?
whats their financial support for this occupation compared to the support coming directly from US taxpayers?
and why didn't bush wait for the OK from the UN if this is indeed not an US vs THEM issue??

We are improving their lives, love us or don't, we are giving them power, food, clean water and better schools than Saddam EVER did.
oh we are?
lets see some sources for this...
last time i checked they had more clean water and electricity while under saddam's rule, but what can you expect when you completely bomb out the countries infrastructure and then discover you don't really have the funds to rebuild a complete fucking country while supporting your own country at the same time...
i would also like to point out that before the war the main cause of death in iraq was old age...
now the leading cause of death in iraq is a violent death, not natural causes...
its also important to note that malnutrition in children in iraq has doubled since saddam was removed from power...
so how has the Bush led invasion "helped" these people so greatly?
and why do they want us to get the fuck out of their country so bad if we are indeed doing such great things?

This type of sentiment isn't anti-bush - it's anti american and I will defend it foaming mouth, grinding teeth and bourne claw.
uh... i don't see how this is anti american...
last time i checked the american people DIDN'T have a fucking say whether we went to war or not...
Bush seemed to be completely oblivious to the anti war movement, apparently because he was too busy beating the war drums like the buffoon that he is...

WE beat those war drums ! Goddamit kid wake up and smell the coffee !

Our America was more oppressive than the British vision for America ?

Oh holy shit son. I'm out.

WE beat those war drums ! Goddamit kid wake up and smell the coffee !

who's we???
you mean the mindless masses aka americans?

and don't you think that perhaps those mindless masses got the wrong idea from Bush?

perhaps something from his state of the union address will refresh your memory?

The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa. Our intelligence sources tell us that he has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production. Saddam Hussein has not credibly explained these activities. He clearly has much to hide.

The dictator of Iraq is not disarming. To the contrary; he is deceiving. From intelligence sources we know, for instance, that thousands of Iraqi security personnel are at work hiding documents and materials from the U.N. inspectors, sanitizing inspection sites and monitoring the inspectors themselves. Iraqi officials accompany the inspectors in order to intimidate witnesses.

perhaps bush lying to the american public by saying iraq posed a real and present threat to the united states is what got the US population up in arms? at least the population that didn't see straight through the bullshit...

I'm sorry, you must mean Joe Wilson, America's number 1 Bush hater and Provider of such Uranium from Africa reports.

I'm talking about the first rush into Afghanistan too - We called upon him to use his power and military strength (That is his) to completely eradicate Terrorism in all it's forms, by the roots.

And now we have cooled off about the whole thing and want our money back.

Buyers remorse? You bet. Listen, we've ALL been down this road before, and we know that most americans hate Bush and blah blah

But the original postings of this thread - To compare today to the Revolutionary war - is utter and complete shit. And I am here to fight THAT.

the rush into afganistan was completely authorized, and i have yet to see exponential death tolls coming from that country...

i also have yet to see anyone anywhere state that we should not have invaded afghanistan, or that that was the wrong war at the wrong time...

i also have yet to see the alleged mastermind of the 9/11 attacks being captured or even tracked anymore for that matter...
bin laden has apparently fallen off the radar screen of the white house these days...

to completely eradicate Terrorism in all it's forms, by the roots.
ah, but he only wants to eradicate those regimes that don't play well with US foreign policy...
and once again... saddam had WHAT connections to terrorists exactly???

And now we have cooled off about the whole thing and want our money back.
i for one would still like to see the person responsible for the 9/11 attacks captured, but the US has gone WAY off course with that one...

But the original postings of this thread - To compare today to the Revolutionary war - is utter and complete shit. And I am here to fight THAT
ok, perhaps we can agree that the americans wanted their freedom and apparently the iraqis would like to have their freedom as well, but are being oppressed by the american military occupying force...

There are 54 other countries out there deciding their own fate. The only difference was, they didn't decide as part of their fate that they were going to amass weapons and strike out at US Civilian targets.

That is why we are there. We are not there because we don't like the faces in government (Like Clinton in Mogadishu / Bosnia)(Or Kennedy in Cuba / Russia) We are there because it's a regime that bred jihadist training camps and jihadists.

They are on the run.

Also, to make myself clear,"they were going to amass weapons and strike out at US Civilian targets." I mean threaten to .

Quoted post[/post]]
They are on the run.

Also, to make myself clear,"they were going to amass weapons and strike out at US Civilian targets." I mean threaten to .

Last time I checked, Iraq had no ties to Al-Q (even our govt admits this). Now that we're toting guns on their property, you can't throw a rock and not hit one (no pun intended).

They had no WMDs. They had no ties to Al-Q. Several reports have shown this. It wasn't until we got there that all hell broke loose and they got involved. An enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Oh, and what is this I heard about the oil minister being booted and (gasp) Chalibi taking control of it? We all know how slimy Challie is. Suprise-o-Meter reading: Zero.

But that's another thread.

Back