HKS Head Gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

majek

I have a 2000 Civic Si and im planning on buying a HKS head gasket specs are Thickness 2.6mm, Bore 82.5, The Compression ratio drops to 8.58. I wanted to know since my motor is a stock b16a2 with a 81mm bore will this 82.5mm gasket work well with my motor, I have all stock internals running a rev hard stage 2 turbo kit, My local shop said to buy a thicker headgasket to run higher boost. They told me to get the HKS stopper metal gasket Part#2301-RH012. Just making sure that this gasket will fit before I actually spend all this money. Its also the cheapest way to lower compression ratio.

The bore of the gasket should be the same as the cylinder bore. There shouldn't be a gap. The extra thickness of the gasket will not give a noticeable compression drop unless it is SUPERthick... I'd just not worry about it, and just run a tad less boost.

Edit: You should find a new shop, they are prolly trying to sell you something rather than help you out. If you are tuned right, you should have no problem running a little extra boost in the stock motor. The cr is only like 9.6:1 a head gasket is NOT going to drop you into the 8.xxx:1 cr without compromising the integrity of the combustion chamber. You don't want to have to depend on a head gasket to hold all the cylinder pressure, or it will eventually give way.

your shop sucks.
you should stop going there.
they really don't know much about cars- boosted anyway.

what do you have for fuel management? injectors? pump? computer? fmu? etc?

im assuming an fmu POS.

if thats the case, THATS you're limiting factor- not your compression ratio.

dropping 2 points in compression, and then running 2 more psi will net pretty much the exact same power to the wheels.

if you won't to make more power- you need fuel, and control of it.
larger pumps, larger injectors, throw the fmu in the trash can, get a hondata/uberdata/aem and a dyno tuner, and make more, safer pwoer

Your engine was designed by a Japaneese man who is paid more Yen a year than I have hairs on my entire body. The "squish room" that your headgasket makes between your cylinder walls and head is sacred.

Your internals were designed with that space in mind, to direct the charge downward and promote charge turbulence when the cylinder is filled. This keeps your end-gas low, your EGTs low, your VE high, and your compression stroke ping-free. To tamper with this room on a stock engine is reckless, bordering on foolish, when you have other components that we know are faulty in design that can be changed.

Don't replace good parts with crap parts to compensate for other crap parts.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Aug 23 2004, 10:34 PM
a cheap way to run extra boost is water injection
[post=380765]Quoted post[/post]​

an easy way to blow up if done not perfect
an complicated setup to pull off
totally un-needed under 700 hp

Back