1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hmm whats that

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by hondaCX, Jan 20, 2007.

1. hondaCX

hondaCX HondaGod

I have a 93 honda civic Cx and latley every now and again i will hear a squealling from under the hood if i speed up it goes louder and then goes away. I checked the alternator belt as its the only belt under the hood besides the timing belt and it appears to be fine. Also I have no power steering as in it was removed when i turn left it turns normally but when i turn right it turns fast like i had power steering and if its a fast take off it wont have traction right off the bat its so fast. Any help anyone could give me would be great.Thanks -Jim

2. tommynrossie

tommynrossie New Member

Hi, as far as your squeel goes it sounds like it may be an alternator issue,as in it may not be charging properly causing there to be more of a load. also it could be any one of your pulley bearings, or a glazed belt. as for the other problem, you say the power steering was removed. how was it done. would have to know about that first.

3. hondaCX

hondaCX HondaGod

came

car came without power steering barebones cant have the luxurie

4. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

1 replace your alternator belt
    2 sounds like a possible alignment issue, otherwise its torque steer.

5. turbo sol

turbo sol I need some ligaments!!!

laurel, montucky (ten minutes out of billings)
    yeah it sounds like a belt slipping...and the pull is probably just tq steer.

6. jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23 Senior Member

if it came stock with no power steering then yeah maybe tourqe steer, but if it was doen by somebody it is probly the lack of hydraulic fluid in the steering system since some people just cut lines and take stuff off and never plug the lines to keep any fluid in it.

7. 801CRX

801CRX Got Rice?

Well check the altenator belt for alignment first.
    Then if that doesnt help the squeeling get a bar of soap(yes regular hand soap) and hold it to the sides of your altenator belt to lube it up some. Trust me it works if its not that you got me stumped, but try it it doesnt hurt anything.

I highly doubt your belt is slipping cause then you would have charge and voltage issues.

8. jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23 Senior Member

haha yeah i have actually had my alternator pully come loose and the belt fell off.

9. turbo sol

turbo sol I need some ligaments!!!

laurel, montucky (ten minutes out of billings)
    unless the squealing gets louder as you move the wheel i don't think that's your problem. you said it gets louder under acceleration, well that's because it is slipping. it then goes away because your belt finally gets a grip and stops slipping. change the belt and i'll bet ten bucks that the squeal goes away.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted