hmm whats that

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaCX

HondaGod
I have a 93 honda civic Cx and latley every now and again i will hear a squealling from under the hood if i speed up it goes louder and then goes away. I checked the alternator belt as its the only belt under the hood besides the timing belt and it appears to be fine. Also I have no power steering as in it was removed when i turn left it turns normally but when i turn right it turns fast like i had power steering and if its a fast take off it wont have traction right off the bat its so fast. Any help anyone could give me would be great.Thanks -Jim

Hi, as far as your squeel goes it sounds like it may be an alternator issue,as in it may not be charging properly causing there to be more of a load. also it could be any one of your pulley bearings, or a glazed belt. as for the other problem, you say the power steering was removed. how was it done. would have to know about that first.

1 replace your alternator belt
2 sounds like a possible alignment issue, otherwise its torque steer.

if it came stock with no power steering then yeah maybe tourqe steer, but if it was doen by somebody it is probly the lack of hydraulic fluid in the steering system since some people just cut lines and take stuff off and never plug the lines to keep any fluid in it.

Well check the altenator belt for alignment first.
Then if that doesnt help the squeeling get a bar of soap(yes regular hand soap) and hold it to the sides of your altenator belt to lube it up some. Trust me it works if its not that you got me stumped, but try it it doesnt hurt anything.

yeah it sounds like a belt slipping...and the pull is probably just tq steer.
I highly doubt your belt is slipping cause then you would have charge and voltage issues.

unless the squealing gets louder as you move the wheel i don't think that's your problem. you said it gets louder under acceleration, well that's because it is slipping. it then goes away because your belt finally gets a grip and stops slipping. change the belt and i'll bet ten bucks that the squeal goes away.

Back