Homebuilt aircraft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yoshi

My buddy and i were just lookin at some hombuilt aircraft and i think it would be cool to do if i ever had the money and time. So i was just wonderin if any of yall have ever built one or even flown in one. just curious :shrug2:

i wouldnt want to fly in anything home-built....

an airplane seems like somethin that you'd WANT to spend a shitload of cash on.

but that's just me

I wouldn't mind building one, besides I don't think I would ever get off the ground if I built it

:withstupid:

This thread is worthless without pics.

hello, AIRCRAFT MECHANIC HERE!!! :lol:

I would advise not building a homemade aircraft unless you've done it before. if it's the whole airplane and all you have to do is assemble it, and your a mechanic, and you've done it before, and you have all the tools to do it 100% by the book then go ahead. But remember, chrashing a plane hurts just a bit more then crashing a car, terminal velocity sux.

Do you think I could make a airplane out of normal house hold stuff? I have tons of old boxes, some plastic bagies, um, some old tp roll tubes that I could use for jets maybe? I dunno just an idea....hook me up!

words of wisdom:

in aircraft building, duct tape is GOD

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Sep 9 2003, 10:20 PM
hello, AIRCRAFT MECHANIC HERE!!! :lol:

I would advise not building a homemade aircraft unless you've done it before. if it's the whole airplane and all you have to do is assemble it, and your a mechanic, and you've done it before, and you have all the tools to do it 100% by the book then go ahead. But remember, chrashing a plane hurts just a bit more then crashing a car, terminal velocity sux.

Theres a first time for everything

I say go for it. The whole thing needs to be inspected by an FAA or TC inspector before it flies anyway and they dont let it fly if they think its gonna fall on someone.

Back