homemade turbo kit??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

y0iTsDEENOSE

arite i have a 91 LS engine in my 91 hatch and i just learned that you can make your own turbo kits?? so i was wondering what turbo parts are actually needed to turbocharge my car and which of those parts can i find in a junkyard (compatible cars).. cuz i saw some hatch being sold on craigslist and it said it had a homemade turbo on it from a PROBE... just wondering if anyone would share some knowledge :)

the homemade turbo kit from a probe was probably just the actual turbo and intercooler, maybe some hard lines, oil lines and part of the downpipe...

everything else would need to be custom for your car...

go to the above refrenced site for some good info...

you would need
-Turbo
-injectors
-intercooler (if you care abt the life of your motor)
-Oil line kit (stealthmode performance kit kicks ass)
-Engine management (there are free software programs available to you..do some research)
-boost gauge
-EGT gauge (not necesary, but good peace of mind)
-some sort of boost controller if you plan to boost more than the factory turbo you choose to use's actuator.
- O2 bungs for the downpipe
-custom downpipe
-custom intercooler pipes
-Blow Off Valve
-Turbo Timer (not needed, but extends the life of the turbo)
-colder spark plugs
-a good turbo manifold (dependant on if you want to keep A/C or not)
- a half radiator from a 92-up civic
-dont go with anythign smaller than 2.5" exhaust
you can buy an exhaust kit for your car at whatever size you want from www.kteller.com for a good price.
-you can buy pipes for your charge pipes and downpipe from www.summitracing.com or www.tunertoys.com or www.jcwhitney.com
you will NEED to sit down for a while once you get yout turbo and figure out what pipes you will need (size, bends, etc.) DO NOT pre-purchase your intercooler pipes. They will most likely be unuseable...and thus, a waste of money.

good luck and happy researching! :D

Back