Honda Cr-z

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's funny how the cr-z is only rated at some bullshit like 32 mpg, while the camaro found a way up to ~28. (just shooting from the hip and not 100% on the numbers, but i think they are close)

But it does... GM gears their cars so tall that the highway mileage on the current generation is just unreal. I drove a V6 Camaro as a rental for a week in Califonia, and it was honestly pretty impressive. Dude at work just traded his Civic for one. At least he got the manual. We'll see how he does on highway mileage.

funny, i saw a camaro on my walk to work today. looked inside to check it out...it was an automatic. i was surprised as hell. but i shouldn't be. people want the look of the cars, not the performance.

Government safety regs, plain and simple. The CR-Z is a big car compared to the gen 1 insight. That car is as small as a real CRX, maybe a bit smaller. Damn rooflines are so high on cars now for rollover.

Government safety regulations aren't that strict; hence why some cars just suck in crash tests yet still sell(I mean the Ariel Atom is street legal; I wouldn't want to be in one in an accident). It's rather of the manufacturer's choice as it may help with sales(and survival of it's occupants :p )

Also you brought up a great point; the CR-Z is big. I brought up the 1g Insight because it's a hybrid(ie: it suffers from the weight of batteries), yet is still very light. I mean the 2G Insight weighs the same as the CR-Z(with the CVT transmission) and is supposed to be a larger car. I'm curious though of how light they can get it(I think Spoon was the only one who built one?)

Last edited:
Spoon CR-Z.. yes please

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/car/world-exclusive-test-2011-spoon-sports-cr-z

ZF11.jpg

A3DAA3C6A3B1A3B2.jpg

Last edited:
fuck you spoon....we haven't even had them in the u.s. for a week yet. lol

The thing that impresses me the most about this car. No difference (other than the back "seats" and other minor interior options) in this vs the Japanese model. We finally got one of ours in stock today. Sat in it a few minutes ago. Dude.. I'm def buying one of these soon as I get a chance to drive it.

ninja edit: There is a TON of room in the engine bay by todays standards.. this car is ready for K power.

even better .. mid-engine NSX swapped CR-Z ..

Originally Posted by 95b16coupe
it's funny how the cr-z is only rated at some bullshit like 32 mpg, while the camaro found a way up to ~28. (just shooting from the hip and not 100% on the numbers, but i think they are close)

Camaro = muscle car. muscle car = auto tranny. Not sure why that seems weird.

As far as the CR-Z goes, the styling is pretty good it just needs a legit motor. 0-60 in 10 seconds is total fail.

i work at a honda dealer and had the chance to drive one a few days ago... im not a hybrid kind of person but would definately rock a CR-Z! the particular one i drove was the 6spd manual. :D they move about equivalant to a standard civic but are alot more fun to drive. they feel very nimble and capable when driving. dont knock em till you drive one! haha

turbo?

Can you turbo a hybrid engine?

I was thinking about this when i first got my civic hybrid. At low revs a turbo that was sized right would be pretty well hidden but if you stomp on it with a CVT the turbo would wind up and there wouldn't even be any lag since the car isn't shifting.

Can you turbo a hybrid engine?

I was thinking about this when i first got my civic hybrid. At low revs a turbo that was sized right would be pretty well hidden but if you stomp on it with a CVT the turbo would wind up and there wouldn't even be any lag since the car isn't shifting.
You'd probably drastically reduce the life of the transmission if you did. Just my thoughts

Of course! HKS has a s/c cr-z with 275 or so hp.

I want to see this. I have been trying to look it up but the story only came out a few days ago about them developing one. At least from what I can find. The only thing out there is a video that is x2 speed.

fully loaded with Navi and all....23k.

you can get one for about 19k-20k same price as the Fit.

Attachments

• IMG_20100824_153936.jpg
    IMG_20100824_153936.jpg
    989.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20100824_153950.jpg
    IMG_20100824_153950.jpg
    814.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20100824_154016.jpg
    IMG_20100824_154016.jpg
    659.7 KB · Views: 145
the gauge is 3D. It's awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_20100824_154034.jpg
    IMG_20100824_154034.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20100824_154041.jpg
    IMG_20100824_154041.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 144
They are awesome cars. You get a ton of standard features too. My gripe is that the suspension is tuned for the mass market. = body roll. It rides better and is more refined than any small Honda to date.

Back