Honda crx engine swap please help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have 2 1989 honda crx's one is an HF model and the other is a Si model. My si has the stock engine (which is only running on 3 cylinders)and the HF has a d16z6 (which has a radiator but it has no hoses). My original plans were to part out the HF and get money to save up for a b20 vtec which i would put into the Si. Whoever swapped the d16z6 into the hf did not put the right axles in it and it has no radiator hoses. I was wondering if i would be able to swap the d16z6 into the Si or would i have to buy other accesories such as axles or engine mounts. Someone please help me out what all would i need to complete this swap?!

swap it in, you can use the a6 axles, and you should be able to use stock radiator hoses. use the mounts that they used in the other crx for the motor.

So the stock Si axles are compatable with the d16z6? I also don't have the vtech hooked up on the d16z6 because i don't have an ecu. Where would be the best place to get an ecu for this engine and which ecu do i need?

To anyone that can help I have an 89 crx with 94 desol d16z6 in it my? Is it has the orignal front engine mount in it for the crx and it seem to be hitting the side of the mount bracket and the engine seems to be kinda on an angle and its been that way for along time but now I have a new d16z6 for a 94 is there another mount I can order or something better I want it all done right can anyone point me in the right direction thanks much

Back