Honda factory rims & springs vs coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Speed Box

What do you guys think about stock honda rims such as gsr rims or 99-00 si rims ? Heavy weight and 15x6 only ?
Personally I got gsr fat 5's in storage ( had them for some time) I don't want them on my car just yet, because I got a stock sohc.
I like the way they look and all, although they are heavy rims and also they are 15x6. Opposed to 15x6.5 I have on right now.

My other question is - do you have to do alignment every time you raise/lower your car on coilovers? and adjust camber if you got a camber kit?
I got springs right now and kinda miss that slammed look I had with my crx on coilovers. Although I really hated getting new tires every month thanks for inner wear.

I don't really have that camber problem with springs its just not slammed. I also think that performance with springs is a bit better then coilovers its just not that low.

Last edited:
yes do have to align toe in chamber, caster chamber wheel balance to secure proper driving stability in corners and driving on rural areas for proper shock operation for a smooth ride. If you do not like comfort a ride that is stiff is perfect for adding mods on suspensions. Hope this Helps:mellow:

Back