1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda factory rims & springs vs coilovers

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by Speed Box, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Speed Box

Speed Box New Member

What do you guys think about stock honda rims such as gsr rims or 99-00 si rims ? Heavy weight and 15x6 only ?
    Personally I got gsr fat 5's in storage ( had them for some time) I don't want them on my car just yet, because I got a stock sohc.
    I like the way they look and all, although they are heavy rims and also they are 15x6. Opposed to 15x6.5 I have on right now.

My other question is - do you have to do alignment every time you raise/lower your car on coilovers? and adjust camber if you got a camber kit?
    I got springs right now and kinda miss that slammed look I had with my crx on coilovers. Although I really hated getting new tires every month thanks for inner wear.

I don't really have that camber problem with springs its just not slammed. I also think that performance with springs is a bit better then coilovers its just not that low.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  2. 1988hondacrxsiR1

1988hondacrxsiR1 Banned

yes do have to align toe in chamber, caster chamber wheel balance to secure proper driving stability in corners and driving on rural areas for proper shock operation for a smooth ride. If you do not like comfort a ride that is stiff is perfect for adding mods on suspensions. Hope this Helps:mellow:
Draft saved Draft deleted