1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda Insight

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Dustin_m, May 21, 2003.

1. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

Hey, just a question cuz i'm sure someone else has thought of this. Anyone know if it's possible to swap something into the Insight, or has it been done?? I know the motor only has like 60 HP, and it only weighs like 125 pounds, so im guessing the engine compartment is hella small. also there would probably be alot of work to do with the hybrid system. the car looks pretty cool though and would be fun as hell with more power. If you don't know what i'm talking about, the Insight is the new Honda hybrid that is basically designed after the CRX.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

[​IMG]

3. whatdahieu

whatdahieu Senior Member

shit that is funny!
    you know if you took off the rear wheel covers on the car and if honda engineers would have installed a b series engine it would have been so easy to come along with the new crx.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Some people are trying... but you would basically have to use only the shell and start over building another car inside the Insight's sheet metal. If I had the cash, I would have started building one over a year ago- but neither me nor Intercrew wanted to front something like that.

5. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

its a hybrid... the whole point of getting it is to get 60 miles to the gallon, not to turn it into an all motor or forced induction monster with 10 miles to the gallon. If you really wanna do something, then do what Calesta said and get a shell

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted