1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

honda prelude not starting anymore

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by ineedfiles, Jan 4, 2008.

1. ineedfiles

ineedfiles New Member

hi, i have a 86 honda prelude, that i bought from my neighbor.
    they told me that it would drive, and then when they tried to restart it, it wouldn't start again.
    so, i assumed that it was the main relay, because that happened to me before on a honda wagonvan. with the wagonvan i took the main relay apart and resoldered the joints, and it worked fine afterwords.

so i now i have this prelude, here and it was starting fine at first, but now it wont start at all.
    i took the main relay out and resoldered all the joints, but still no start.
    it (relay) clicks when i turn the key on, and the check engine light comes on. it clicks again when the check engine light goes out. when i turn the key to start it, it (relay) clicks and i hear a fuel pump. but the starter makes no noise.

i even took the main relay completely apart, and cleaned all terminals.
    i have no idea if it was clicking like it was supposed to before i resoldered the joints. i have a new battery installed.
    please help me, i have to move soon, and need this car
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted