Honda Spocket. Fookin Cool.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
I can't believe this thing hasn't been posted. I love it.

spocket.gif

spocket_int.gif

spocket_truck.gif

It's a car... it's a truck... no, it's the new Honda Spocket!

The Honda "Spocket" concept made its North American debut on January 7 at a press conference prior to the public opening of the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show.

The Spocket, created by Honda R & D in Torrance, CA is a convertible, pickup and sports car, all in one. At the touch of a button, the Spocket changes from four seats to two and the clamshell top retracts to provide open-air driving.

"The Spocket is the ultimate concept, combining a sports coupe, pickup and convertible to provide drivers with the maximum level of functionality, flexibility and utility," said Tom Elliott, executive vice president for American Honda. "The Spocket transports you to a whole new level of driving adventure and convenience."

The Spocket's futuristic style begins with an angular, lightweight body, dramatic tilt-up doors and a striking bright-red over gun-metal gray color. The interior features bucket seats made from durable fabrics that will withstand any weather condition.

"At Honda, we know that the market is never static and consumers are always looking for new ideas, so we asked our designers in Torrance to see what they could come up with, " says Elliott. "The result is an innovative vehicle that works in the many different ways consumers use their cars."

The concept car's four-wheel drive system features an advanced drivetrain, employing both a hybrid gasoline-electric engine powering the front wheels and two in-wheel electric motors for the rear wheels to provide full-time four-wheel drive. The semi-automatic, five speed transmission has shift buttons located on the steering wheel.

"With its hybrid gasoline-electric drivetrain and chameleon-like body, the Spocket exemplifies Honda's design creativity and technological ingenuity," says Elliott.

The interior features bucket seats, five point seatbelts and is completely waterproof, allowing easy clean up. Additional features include Honda's GPS Navigation system and heads up controls. Instead of side view mirrors, the Spocket has cameras that project rear images to a heads-up display on the front windwhield.

The Spocket was inspired by Honda's T360 mid-engine pickup truck, the company's first mass-produced vehicle. Launched in 1963, the T360 featured a high-revving, 4-cylinder DOHC engine with four carburetors. Its mid-engine layout and cab-over design provided ample cargo and cabin space.

Design and construction of the Spocket took just eight months to complete - a record for the vehicle design world. Like the T360, the Spocket is designed for maximum utility. The batteries that drive the rear motors are positioned under the bed for a more even weight distribution.

Other engaging design features include Michelin's new Pax system tires, an innovative technology that includes a
tire, wheel, run-flat insert and pressure loss sensor to offer driving up to 125 miles at 55 mph when the tire is flat.

What happends to all these concept cars once they make their debut?

Are they just shoved into a garage for ever? I bet they just get dismantled.

They get auctioned off to collectors...

and most of them don't run.. or even have motors for that matter.

Quite a few of the concept actually go into their parent company's storage.

I've seen that concept before. I thought it was posted here?

No, actually it HAS been posted here many times before... When it first came onto the scene...

in 1999.

Also, most concept cars are bought up by the Sultan of Brunei :)

Honda's T360 mid-engine pickup truck, the company's first mass-produced vehicle. Launched in 1963, the T360 featured a high-revving, 4-cylinder DOHC engine with four carburetors.

Ive never heard of this!!!! Gotta go find pics n info

Quoted post[/post]]
Honda's T360 mid-engine pickup truck, the company's first mass-produced vehicle. Launched in 1963, the T360 featured a high-revving, 4-cylinder DOHC engine with four carburetors.

Ive never heard of this!!!! Gotta go find pics n info

I want 4....
t360a.gif

The first Honda automotive product to actually go into production was the T360 truck in June of 1963. With a slightly detuned version of the S360 engine, it produced 30 horsepower at 8,500 rpm. Between June 1963 and August 1967, Honda produced 108,920 of these "sports trucks" in four different versions; a T360 with a conventional pick up truck bed (pictured); a T360F flat bed with wooden slats; a T360H with a flat pick up truck bed and sides that fold in addition to the tailgate; and a T360V "panel van" with an enclosed, hard cap over the bed.

HAHAHA, 8500 RPMS!! That shit outrevved most everything they make. I changed my mind, I want 5.

I searched the sight for "Spocket" and nothing came up...

anywho..

A quad carb, DOHC, high reving engine that produced 30 HP??

I mean, could you really de tune something that hard core? Did it have 10mm valves or something??

And that was a "sport truck" baby... good stuff.

it used a 360cc motorcycle engine (they also had a 500cc model... guess what that one was called)
all of hondas original cars used motorcycle engines
the 4 carbs are the same individual carbs that most motorcycles ran before they switched to fuel injection

I've always day dreamed of a turbo hybusa powered crx.

You'd have to re-gear it and work out a drive system, But other than that:

WAY less weight, 300HP fairly easily, and you could rev to 15k.. Take that BIATCH.

It'd be a fast lil fucker.

*edit*
I suppose you could do a 1000rr engine and keep it all in the family.. :dunno:

Quoted post[/post]]
I've always day dreamed of a turbo hybusa powered crx.

You'd have to re-gear it and work out a drive system, But other than that:

WAY less weight, 300HP fairly easily, and you could rev to 15k.. Take that BIATCH.

It'd be a fast lil fucker.

*edit*
I suppose you could do a 1000rr engine and keep it all in the family.. :dunno:

The lack of low end would own you driving around town, but it'd be nasty out on the highway or at the track.

they already have cars powered by the busa engine
they are fucking sick
i see them at the track all the time

No, I want a car powered by a Busa Hybrid V8. They took 2 busa engines and mated them to make a v8 thats the size of a b-series and produces ~300hp.

I don't know who "they" is, but it was in an SCC a while back. Might have been august last year, I think it had a white WRX converted to RWD on the cover.

its the same company that i am talking about
the car company is Radical http://www.radicalmotorsport.com/
the engine is made by powetec
they make a 1300cc (same as in the busa) 205bhp
they make a 1500cc (will be in the next gen busa) 252bhp
they make a 1500cc turbo 330bhp
and they make a 2600cc V8 360bhp

sick little cars
and they are road legak in the UK (fuckin bastards)

Back