Honda Swap Opinion!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jrc weez00

ok right now i have a turbo b18a1 in a 94 honda civic four door and i hate the four door. i wanan swap my motor into something else but i dotn wannna do a civic hatch or a crx. or something like that i wanna do something no one else has done b4. or something that is uncommon. but im not very familiar with to many honda swaps. and i dont know what my motor would go into with out cutting and welding new mounts? i beleive i have a conversion kit as there was no work done to my mounts at all there all aluminum mounts with urethane inserts? i was thinking a del sol but there on the heavy side? and suggestions for a good swap?

if you can't do a lot of the work yourself, you are going to have a hard time coming up with something that hasn't been a lot. also, you are going to have a hard time in general being original. if you want to do something uncommon, get a really old civic. like 86 or older.

Insight'snever been done before, I bet. Probably be quick as hell too since it's so damn light and slippery. Talk about a sleeper!

My second vote goes for the Z or N series. Would love to do either myself.

07-4.jpg

Okay, I take it back. There are at least a few Insights in drag out there.
Guess I'm not the only sick bastard out there. ^_^

i am doing al the work myself? so really anything i do is sort of original. and the price of a crv shell would be outragous. i want something cheap the 86s sound like a good idea butr personally i hate the box look. all good ideas but im thinking something crazy?

Well, what people don't do much is swapping one brand motor into another brand car. Honda powered Tercel?

Back