Hondata gains?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mjfubar

So all you people out there with hondata let me know what it did to help or hurt ur car, problems u encountered, or if u had another management system how it compares to it.

gained 12 whp and 6 ft lbs of torque just with tuning a hondata stage 2 system on an lsvtec, no problems with it ever.

omegga1185 gained over 20 hp by tunning with hondata on his setup...that was on a stock (type R) bottom end, now i want to see what it does since he has 12:8:1 pistons in there.

hondata or any engine management is not about gains. its about makeing the parts you added tune properly- something the oem ecu can't do.

thus, you gain power- but at the same time, you gain life, and put less strain on your motors internals, increase yoru gas milage, and generally just imporove the way the car runs.

What hondata system should you get for turbo or and even allmotor setup. Should you get one if you just have I/H/E and other small things or no or what.

well, it really depends on a lot of things.
namely, what ecu you are using,
what obd your car is
turbo or na
and how much turbo or how much na

Well like my car is a b16a with a SC34 turbo (t3/t4) with JE 10to1 pistons, eagle rods, skunk2 cams, titanium retainers and valve springs port and polished head all that stuff so what hondata should i get and do they have a good base program for something like that so i can get to the dyno and get it tuned right

base programs are offered by all dealers and are included free of charge with purchase of a system. tell him your set-up, injector size, and so forth, and you should be able to putz around off-boost no problem.

id get the s200/b

and from there, pick the options you want.

if you want to tune yourself, get the romulator and datalogging
if you drag, get the 3-step

stuff like that.

me, i got the s200, boost package (required for boosted cars), and the 3-step. thats all i need... cuz im getting a professional tuner who has all the dealer-level tuning software to tune my car. i don't trust myself.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 18 2003, 05:24 AM
hondata or any engine management is not about gains. its about makeing the parts you added tune properly- something the oem ecu can't do.

thus, you gain power- but at the same time, you gain life, and put less strain on your motors internals, increase yoru gas milage, and generally just imporove the way the car runs.

well said

This reply is probably coming in way too late, but I had the stage 3b when it first came out and it was incredible! I had it managing my unmodified b16a with greddy turbo running 6 lbs of boost (91 integra) and I put down 237 to the wheels with 232 foot lbs of torque.

The power I put down is not nearly as important as the safety of having your motor fully tuned. I would highly recommend Hondata for any forced inducted motor.

Back