hondata vs uberdata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

twisted civic

2000 ek hatch w b16a2, going to be boosted next summer.
t3/4 turbo, equal length manifold, external wastegate, 370 injectors, fmic, inline pump.
looking for 8 psi, would like to see about 220 whp (now @ 147 whp n/a)

Currently, I'm running P2T obd2b setup.

I'm lookin for people with uberdata experience. I know about the hondata systems, and their related pricing - they're good, but expensive.

I was wondering where I can find info on uberdata setups, or lookin for experienced uberdata users for good and bad experiences.

Do I have to go to an obd1 p28, or can it be installed with obd2b? I don't need datalogging or launch control etc... just a good system to control the a/f maps...... safely.

Help me out FI boys :worthy:

Yes nfn15037 is a member here you should also try talking to allmotormonster or beerbogskickass or pillspmd, they know their stuff when it comes to Ecu's and tuning.

both uber and hondata are obd1 chip programs. you will need to move to a p28, p30, or p72 if you have iab's. the p28 is the best choice for most setups though.

fuck the inline pump. get an intake walbro. its under 100 bucks.

anyway, hondata vs uberdata battles have been goign on for a long time. People with uberdata keep saying its hondata but free. It's really not. It's much different. IMO, the hondata software is much better. But, that doesn't mean that the uber can't get you runed for your goal either.

it's all your opinion on what you think is best.

if you live in/around pa or arizona, i'd say screw both and go get Neptuned :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 18 2004, 03:56 PM

if you live in/around pa or arizona, i'd say screw both and go get Neptuned :)
[post=434208]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: i was on boosted-hybrid.com, then to Neptune's website, pretty impressive stuff IMO

Hondata is the most expensive setup. Uberdata is much cheaper and with less features than Hondata. Crome is also inexpensive but is more powerful than Uberdata. Also there seems to be a lot of good energy in its continued development as new things are being added to the software all of the time.

If all you want to do is control your air/fuel well then I would say go uberdata. It's easy to use and even if you did want launch control, full throttle shifts or datalogging, uberdata supports it. On honda-tech a while back I saw a dyno of a 300+ whp b-series with a perfectly flat air/fuel and it was tuned with uberdata. I've only done minor tuning with it but I am very pleased. If you do go with the p28 ecu, make sure and check the disable knock sensor box.

Back