hood clearance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok guys, my hood is starting to piss me off, everytime it rains water gets in my engine bay and on my engine and it makes my car run weird and sometimes kills my tach til the water boils off from the heat. i can deal with the extra weight becasue its better then possibly frying my electrical system. now i have a b18c1 in my crx using HAsport mounts. i have the stock hood and im wanting to put the stock hood back on. now ive heard you can cut some of the structural support off of the hood so it clears the engine. but i dont want to try this if it wont work. does anyone know if this will work for sure? i dont want my hood to look bubled nor do i want it to touch the engine. also what would i cut the supprt off with?

Sawzalls ownz everything.

IF you're gonna cut the hood supports you'll need hood pins to make sure it's secured 100%.

ive got hood pins on the stock hood. :D but does anyone know if it will clear? anyone done it?

no use a dremel with a cut off wheel of a die grinder be very carfull not to go through the skin

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 27 2003, 01:42 AM
no use a dremel with a cut off wheel of a die grinder be very carfull not to go through the skin

ok i have a dremel and a sawzall, seems like it would take forever with the dremel though, but it would make a cleaner cut with the dremel.

by "dont go through the skin", do you mean dont go through the sheet metal of the top of the hood?

yup. dont go through the top sheetmetal. the dremel would be the cleanest cutter out of them all.

I have the same setup a b18c with hasport mounts and i used a dremell tool and cut a 2X2 inch section of webbing out. it took about 30 seconds and it never rubbed since you cant even tell i cut anything out from under the hood unless you are really looking for it.

Originally posted by legutki@Oct 30 2003, 02:20 PM
I have the same setup a b18c with hasport mounts and i used a dremell tool and cut a 2X2 inch section of webbing out. it took about 30 seconds and it never rubbed since you cant even tell i cut anything out from under the hood unless you are really looking for it.

you have the CF ZC hood now right? does the ZC hood clear without modification? i heard it does but im not sure.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Nov 1 2003, 09:47 PM-->
@Oct 30 2003, 02:20 PM

you have the CF ZC hood now right? does the ZC hood clear without modification? i heard it does but im not sure.

That is on my stock hf hood

The ZC Carbon hood will clear, and you can also cut out the main hood supports and it will clear.... I've done both.

does anyone have a pic of exactly where you need to cut? my car is at the shop and will be there for some time, and i want to cut the hood and put it on when i get the car back

Back