hood pins

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smooth95

can anyone explain a little bit on how to install some hood pins, I bought some carbon fiber hood pins

drill hole in hood in desired location, bolt in the pins, make sure hood clears pin (drill a little bigger than the diameter of pin), adjust as necessary, shut hood, insert cotter pins or locks. done.

**moving to exterior section**

Please tell me they are meant for actually holding the hood down and not simply looking good. Don't buy cheap pins, go for something that won't let loose on the highway.

:werd:

After having my hood snap on me, from not having pins, yes, its a good idea.

I bought some pins that have to be opend with a key, and the big thing that looks like a washer is carbon fiber.

I still dont know how to post pix yo I know its in my controls but a step by step method would help

ok let me try it a little later cause my sis in law dont know how to upload pix on to her comp from her digital camera let me see if iI could find it anywhere on the web I do know pilot makes them

Originally posted by smooth95@Oct 21 2004, 06:52 PM
even latched
[post=405842]Quoted post[/post]​

Mr. Gasket makes a set of locking pins exactly like those, and this is what the description says:

"This super security hood lock kit utilizes a cylindrical key lock mechanism which is virtually pick-proof. The kit includes two chrome plated lock sets, two fully threaded lock pins with four nuts and two keys. This kit must be used in conjunction with the factory hood latch assembly. Not designed for use as the only hood retention mechanism."

I am under the assumption that you are using the pins as the mechanism to hold your hood closed. If you're using the factory latch along with those pins, then you are safe.

The pins I have on my hood are the only thing holding it down. However I made sure to use pins that were designed to do the job.

7201616_large.jpg

Those are the ones, sans the lanyard cables. I wouldn't use any other pin. Even the pins you see in your local Pimp Boys cannot hold the hood down properly. I dunno how you plan to use them, but I am just informing you for your safety.

Back