hood pins?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joecivic

save the single cams
I just got a cf hood and was wondering if I can use hood pins that use poprivets or screws through the hood or the ones where you drill one hole that have the locks I dont know if one is better than the other ?thanx in advance

use the lock ones if for some reason u dont have a factory hood latch (like the si i just bought). but if you do regular ones are good. the pins should come with mounting hardware. if not use pop rivits i think they make a cleaner look

I still have my factory latch but when I go like 70-80 mph it starts to shake a bit I guess im a little paranoid about loseing my new hood.

yeah definatly put pins on it. my pal lost his cf hood on his eg and it was ulgy afterwards.

i just put a cf hood on my car but i had to bring the latch all the way up just so it would close but i will go with hood pins later on just need time and money

shitty cf hood?? Poor fitment? are there any gaps? That could be causing air to get under your hood and make it shake a little bit. I dunno bout you, but i wouldnt feel comfortable drilling a hole into my brand new cf hood..

Back