hoses block off out of tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaflr

i have a 94 prelude motor in 95 accord, i had the intake out today to do sum throttle cleaning and i noticed while looking down there is 2 lines coming out of the tranny, that are just plugged. they are pretty strong hoses. but are not leading to anywhere. cant figure out whats going on there, i feel they should be connected and not just plugged by plastic screws :S any suggestions?

Automatic tranny?

On my Accord, there are two hoses coming off the rear of the tranny. They come up slightly then curve right back downward. They attach to two steel lines, located between the rear motor mount and the heater core valve.

I don't know if that's what you are looking for.......

nope its manual transmission. there are not to big of hoses, i would have to say 1/4 inch holes, both coming up 1/2 in apart of eachother, and i would say pointing near slighty up towards the firewall on the passenger side

I don't have an EX. Are they possibly for the vacuum controlled engine mount? Now I'm curious. :roll:

well thats the thing, the car was an ex automatic, then i converted to 94 prelude manual, and thats when i seen these lines just sitting there. there has to be a use for them, not to just come out the tranny and do nothing. i am wondering if the prelude tranny is suppose to come with a tranny cooler or not. pretty weird why lines would be coming out of the transmission

Back