how big are honda fuel pumps? and help/w

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Does anyone know how big honda fuel pumps are? I have a 96 cx hb with 98 JDM B18C GSR with AEM cold air intake, DC 4-2-1 header, JG intake manifold, Fsudo complet catback with high flow OBX CAT, with 98 JDM type R ecu, AEM fuel rail, AEM fuel pressure regulator, H22 injectors, NGK spark plug wires and $6 each spark plug(forgot brand), and a pair of skunk2 stage2 camshafts(both intake and exhaust) laying around uninstall because I need the valve train(waiting for my financial this week).

HERE ARE MY Three QUESTIONS: 1) with the above mods, what fuel pump do I need to use and how big???

2) I can install the camshafts myself, but I havent done the valve train. So, when I get my financial aid and buy the valve train, as far as installing the cams and valve, are they any modification need to be made??? are the skunk2 cams and valve bigger? wider? than the GSR? or are they just drop in as replacement?

3)Also, since I did not know how to install the valve train and taking to a shop would cost me quite a big. Therefore, if I decide to install only the cams, and shift at 8200k would this be any problem since I did not install the valve train???

Since where I live have no smog check, the result of having rough idle due to install these cams will not affect my decision of install these cams.Thanks in advance for your helps.

1) your stock fuel pump will do fine
2) do not get the skunk2 valves, just get the cams, springs, and retainers. there is really nothing to be gained by replacing valves, and it sounds like you're on a budget.
3) do not run those cams on stock valve train, the lift is too high and can bind the springs. you can do the springs and retainers yourself also with the head on the block, its not that difficult if you have the correct tools. snapon makes a nice tool for this. and a helms manual would be another great investment.

Thank you, B16 for the info but I still not quite get what you said on question 3. I know that the lift of the skunk2 cams is high, would I be fine just install the cams, spring and retainers and keep the rev limit under 8200k so that the lift wont bend anything? and if I have the spring and retainers install alone with the cams, does this mean that I can rev up to a type r ecu rev limit? The reason I doing this mod is because i want to rev high, as high as 9k. what I am not sure on is about the head on the block? Iam lost here, would you mind to expain in simple terms? Oh, you are right that, I am on a budget. I normall have $1,500 from financial aid each semester free money to spend and I know that valve train probably cost me around $300 the most from skunk2. Thanks for your help

ah, i thought you were talking about running the skunk2's on stock springs and retainers. if you're using the skunk2 springs and retainers with the cams, you will be fine for 9k rev. you do not need to change out your valves, stock ones can handle it fine. only other thing you might want to consider is raising compression, those cams like higher compression. best way to do this is throw in new pistons, but that starts to get expensive. what motor is this anyways?

Once again thank you B16. yeah this is going into a 98 JDM B18C GSR. Yeah, I could afford the high compression pistons but not the labor to intall them. Once I know how, i will. thanks

Back