How bout a prelude 5 lug conversion?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

Instead of going ITR brake and all that good stuff conversion. would a prelude 5 lug conversion work? would i still need just the same things as in the itr conversion? anyone try it?

as far as i know the prelude shit wont fit on a civic/integra without extensive modification

Let me try to get this one right. It would only work if you have the ITR or prelude axles going into a B or H series motor. The JDM ITR and the H series have a 32 slpines inside on the joints, that only another 32 spline shaft. You can use the USDM ITR outside joint on a D series shaft as they are both 30 spline.

the problem isnt the axles... i have the JDM ITR 5 lug on my car... i just use a civic/integra inner and shaft with an accord outter... its a little annoying but it works so fuck it ..... the problem is where the prelude shit connects to the rest of the car.... the connections dont match

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 2 2003, 07:12 PM
the problem isnt the axles... i have the JDM ITR 5 lug on my car... i just use a civic/integra inner and shaft with an accord outter... its a little annoying but it works so fuck it ..... the problem is where the prelude shit connects to the rest of the car.... the connections dont match

It depends on what car, with what motor. I am basing this on trying to do the conversion using a D series motor, which after researching found the only way it can be done is with the USDM ITR axles. But if there was another thread that had details, then I missed it. And if there was a swap involved than it is no problem.

:)

so it would be possible, if you used itr and prelude parts???

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 2 2003, 08:48 PM
so it would be possible, if you used itr and prelude parts???

First off, I don't know what car or motor/tranny combo you have so, maybe. If you have a B series swap there is no issue, and H series use the correct Prelude/Accord parts, for a D seires you can use the USDM ITR hubs.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 2 2003, 09:58 PM
to a d series motor

The only way to do it, is to use the USDM, USDM, USDM outer joint mated to the D series axle shaft with the D series inner joint on the tranny side.. You can not use the JDM ITR one because of the aforementioned problem with the spline count, and you can't use the H or F series, because of the same thing. I guy on another board was tring to use the JDM ITR's and would up screwing himself by taking it all apart before finding out if it would work.

:huh: :unsure: :blink: :unsure: :huh:
im fuckin lost

are we still talking about trying to put the prelude brakes on a civic????

or has that been tossed aside and we are now talking about ITR brakes????

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 2 2003, 10:53 PM
:huh: :unsure: :blink: :unsure: :huh:
im fuckin lost

are we still talking about trying to put the prelude brakes on a civic????

or has that been tossed aside and we are now talking about ITR brakes????

The JDM ITRs five lugs and the Preludes share the same hub size, that is why they are interchangable, and neither can be used without the right parts for the five lug conversion.

the hub portions are the same but the rest of it is different as far as i know it wont work without modification

so basicly what i understand is that i can use the itr setup but with the prelude hubs and brakes. atleast thats what i think so far. im kinda lost and 92b16 is just making it more confusing

Fuck it, dude. Buy a Prelude. BOOM! Problem solved! Next question!!!

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 3 2003, 06:32 AM
so basicly what i understand is that i can use the itr setup but with the prelude hubs and brakes. atleast thats what i think so far. im kinda lost and 92b16 is just making it more confusing

Simplified..

D series = no can do with JDM ITR or lude parts.

Back