how can i fix this CEL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dropped a jdm b20vtec in my 00 civic ex with obd2 setup running a p2t (99-00) si ecu. only code im getting when trying to start the car or starting the car is the crack fluctuation error. how can i fix that?

If the B20 doesn't have a CKF sensor, then the P2t won't see it and it'll throw the code.

If it does have it, then the p2t is showing that the fluctuations are exceeding the set limit programmed into the pcm.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Mar 4 2005, 08:20 PM
If the B20 doesn't have a CKF sensor, then the P2t won't see it and it'll throw the code.

If it does have it, then the p2t is showing that the fluctuations are exceeding the set limit programmed into the pcm.
[post=469428]Quoted post[/post]​

where is the fluctation sensor at because i have a jdm b20vtec setup.

If there isn't a sensor on the B20 distributor, you'll need to get a 99-00 Si distributor.

96 and up Civics and Integras use an external crank speed sensor. It's bolted to the oil pump housing at the crank pulley. If your B20 isn't 96 or up chances are it doesn't have an external sensor. If you want to fix this problem correctly, you'll have to find the crank speed sensor signal wire at the B20 distributor or use a B20 ECU.

In an effort to keep information accuarate, I am not sure that the crank speed sensor signal from a distributor is the same as an external sensor. I'd have to say they are most likely the same but I don't want to mislead you.

Back