1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW can I tell what kind of tranny I have?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by shithatch, Sep 23, 2004.

1. shithatch

shithatch Junior Member

I got my hatch for 500 bucks and it has an engine from raceline of cinci. Dude basically got the engine for a daily driver while he saved up for a b16. BUT it never ran right when he had it so he sold it to me. Im gettin ready to put a dohc zc in it next week. I read on here .. and have been told to get an si trans. I need to find out how u tell the difference between the 2. All i know is that when i had this thing running good i beasted alot of vtec civs around springfield. It gets off the line QUICK. Both wheels always spin. i mean always. 2 burnout marks everytime. The Dude said it might have a jdm trans? how can i tell!!!!!! ???

2. mrnice1058

mrnice1058 Senior Member

http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29829

this should help you out the code of your tranny is on the tranny itself i don't know much about the zc engine but the tranny code is usually on the same side as where your engine code it but look around on the tranny and look at the ref i gave you and you should be able to match it from there

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted