how difficult?? 92-95 H22A into 90 integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

first off, im a noob, so if i mess up inform me its appreciated, and hello to all...

i got a 90 integra and i kinda have 2 ways that im considering going, complete swap with an H22(if its not too difficult) or put the vtec b16 head on it, which do you think would be more efficient, the engines got 105,xxx miles and unfortunately will no longer start from the damn flooding that first occured from hurricane isabel,(could be something simple like a corroded starter or by now the entire engine could be internally shot) and im not sure if its worth rebuilding...any thoughts on this are much are more then welcome...

thanks

i bet ur got a whole shitload of water in ur engine... one of my friends just swapped a b16 into his teg and he was not satisfied with the results, so i wouldnt go that way, and h22s are a bitch. if i were you i would rebuild the motor, and maybe get some nice internal upgrades and then get a turbo. thats just what i would do.

thanks

any ideas specifically for rods, cams, etc. ...i'll be honest, i have no idea and want to get to work on this as soon as possible, and the ls/vtech swap, any thoughts

thanks again

all input is accepted with much gratitude

ls vtec is great if you do it right. if not your fucked for life. so make sure u do ur research or take it to a shop that guarantees there work. eagle rods, skunk or crower cams. check out google for their prices etc.

If you are considering going LS-VTEC then consider purchasing this little piece...
s3fc6fd8b53036.jpg

I think it's innovative and have ordered one for my soon to be LSVTEC setup.
For internals go all forged the first time, there is no need to build with low
priced stuff then later on decide to do it right. Do it right the first time,
with all forged internals. I hope this helped. lata'

save up and get a b16 or get b18c use your tranny. and get a rechipped ECU or use a PR3 or PW0....

Originally posted by daidilus@Nov 28 2003, 11:29 AM
save up and get a b16 or get b18c use your tranny. and get a rechipped ECU or use a PR3 or PW0....

Don't listen to him.

B16=torqueless wonder, not good for your car

LS/Vtec=Happy

another .02

Originally posted by cointelpro@Nov 28 2003, 01:24 AM
one of my friends just swapped a b16 into his teg and he was not satisfied with the results, so i wouldnt go that way

haha as i quote myself to show that b16s are over rated.

Back