How do i clean out my PCV on my B18C1 also pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dct5289

GT5 FTW
I was going to clean out my PCV but i noticed that the cover for it is riveted not bolted, I also saw this little black box with oil lines running to it on my block, i was wondering if that has anything to do with my PCV and if that is what i need to clean out.

Also i have a cam end that says STR on it and i was wondering what the deal is here.

Um i can't really see the "black box" your talking about but i'm pretty sure i know what your talking about. It's mounted on the back of your engine block...i forget the proper name for it, but i don't think you can clean it out nor would i suggest trying just leave it be, and yes it has to do with the pcv valve.

As for the PCV valve, dude just goto to the store and get a new one, they are only a few bucks and should be replaced every year or two anyhow.

The STR cam end cover is for show.

Looks like your missing some other stuff from the pics too like the vtec assembly, what are you working on?

I pulled my engine out and I'm resealing it before i supercharge it. But it also burns oil at high RPM so i figured i need to clean and or get a new valve.

you planning on doing anything else to it while you have it out an apart?

Other than a new clutch, no. The compression is good and even and all looks good as far as that goes. Just new head gasket, oil pan exhaust man. intake etc. Also new head and cam bolts.

I pulled my engine out and I'm resealing it before i supercharge it. But it also burns oil at high RPM so i figured i need to clean and or get a new valve.

By resealing it i assume you mean replacing all the gaskets. How many kms/miles are on your engine? If they are high and the engine is out of the car why not replace the rings and bearings since you have engine apart anyway.

^^^^ thats what i was getting at, wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure all your internals are in order, especially since your going for forced induction. May cost ya now, but may save you tons of money down the road.

Exactly, The engine has a little over 100k highway miles on it. Compression turned up good and no major oil leaks. So I bought the entire gasket set for the engine. Im also going to clean my engine bay and the engine itself up real good so it looks like new =)

Back