how do I know when I got vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^^^Again. You will never be able to tell the difference with a properly tuned VTEC crossover.
Sounds like someone hasn't ridden in a ITR before...... A corpse can feel that crossover!
BTW, you can install an LED mounted anywhere you want(prefferably in the dash) to light when VTEC engages. It only takes about 10 minutes to hook up, just do a search for it.

I know my brother's car screams like a psycho, but he's got a gsr/b16, so yeah. I'd install the light

on my civic coupe with gsr motor i can hear the vtec in every gear i go into while i step on the gas...makes this ZZIINNGGG noise....as i press more down it gets louder...and man its powerful....

"JDM REPRESENTING"

on my civic coupe with gsr motor i can hear the vtec in every gear i go into while i step on the gas...makes this ZZIINNGGG noise....as i press more down it gets louder...and man its powerful....

"JDM REPRESENTING"

ummm... didnt you say in the thread you started earlier that your vtec isnt working.. so how can you hear it in every gear?

I
Put a piece of rubber between your intake and positive battery terminal, right now! You don't want that to arc.
I totally second that, ive seen fires start from that shit. Thats why I got smart and put rubber between mine.:eek:

As for that trans noise, Iam wondering what it is to. cause my buddys old 98si rex did the same thing but we never could find the problem and nothing mechanicly was effected.

still the same noise

:confused:The noise still there and my friend told me that the noise is coming from the tranny front shaft bearing. I got a new tranny for the engine, the stamped # is L3-1and the old tranny# is L3-2 . Can anyone tell me what is the difference betwen the L3-1 and L3-2 trannies?

THat is not the problem because I instaled a new throw out bearing when I put in the new tranny. The problem is the tranny itself. But can anyone tell me the difference between the two trannies L3-1 and L3-2?

Back