1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I ?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stud4u2c17, Apr 17, 2003.

1. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

I have an 89 CRX HF 1.5lt, i just put on a new head gasket and i was wondering how you time the head back up... i forgot to mark it... is there anyway to time it? thanks
    TJ

2. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

i'm not sure what you mean by "time" it? you should re assemble everything at TDC.

3. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

by timing i mean i have everything on head assembled including cam and everything... but i dont know how to line up the cam ... do you get what im saying? like the cam and which pistons should be up and which should be down... the timing of the whole motor together... the cam with the belt ? does that help any?

4. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

put the crank pulley to TDC, which is a white mark, and have it lined up with the pointer on the block. next your cam gear should have an up arrow, this should be pointing up, then put on the timing belt and make sure the side that gets pulled (facing the front of the car) is tight, with the slack on the side facing the back of the car. then you loosen then tighten the tension pulley, to tighten the belt. anyways, this is how its done on a b series, should be the same with yours.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted