How Do I ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

I have an 89 CRX HF 1.5lt, i just put on a new head gasket and i was wondering how you time the head back up... i forgot to mark it... is there anyway to time it? thanks
TJ

i'm not sure what you mean by "time" it? you should re assemble everything at TDC.

by timing i mean i have everything on head assembled including cam and everything... but i dont know how to line up the cam ... do you get what im saying? like the cam and which pistons should be up and which should be down... the timing of the whole motor together... the cam with the belt ? does that help any?

put the crank pulley to TDC, which is a white mark, and have it lined up with the pointer on the block. next your cam gear should have an up arrow, this should be pointing up, then put on the timing belt and make sure the side that gets pulled (facing the front of the car) is tight, with the slack on the side facing the back of the car. then you loosen then tighten the tension pulley, to tighten the belt. anyways, this is how its done on a b series, should be the same with yours.

Back