How Do You Know Its A Gsr Ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Ok guys, this is what confused me. All other DOCH motors have the vtec oil sensor but this motor that I have, its a 98 JDM GSR and it doesnt come with a Vtec oil sensor. Where the vtec oil sensor supposed to be is seal tight, its like the car was built without one. Also how do you tell a GSR ECU from an LS or regular teg ecu?? on my ECU there are codes but there are two big letters "G3" on the side. my cousin told me that when open the cover of the ecu, if its a GSR, it should state " Mugen and GSR with the R in red" and I opened my ECU and nothing wrote on. My redline limit at 7.8 or 7.9. Could it be that my tachometer is not accurate? or my ecu have been switched? what is the redline for an LS or GS integra? Oh, my vtec kicks in at 4.4 RPM. thanks for helping.

look at the code on it... it will look something like this:

XXXXXX - P72 - XXXXXX

p72 = gsr

if its anything esle, its not a gsr

Damn! I think i got riped off. the code on my ecu have codes like xxxxxxxxxG3 on the side. no wonder why I redline at 7.8. isnt a gsr redline at around 8.2rpm? oh, where is the code xxxxxp72 located? my engine block does have the code p72 but not the ecu.

look harder. thats not the right spot

All Honda ECUs have a part number which is located on the side of the ECU and inside the ECU on the connector. e.g. 37820-P72-A01

The part number consists of three components:

Honda's part number for ECU, which is always 37820
Three characters (which are loosely related to the model of car/engine). e.g P72
Three characters (which are the revision of the ECU) e.g. A01

Ok, i found it. Its a p72 GSR alright but why I redline at around 7.9 rpm and not 8 rpm or 8.2 rpm as the gsr ecu should be. Could it be that my tachometer is not accurate?

OEM tachs are not always correct or on target. According to your tach what are your cams crossing over at??

Milan

Back