How Do You Know Its Jdm Or Usdm?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Hey guys, I got my motor but its questionable weather its a JDM or USDM. I order a 96' JDM GSR from Hmotoronline.com but Steve gave me the wrong tracking number and when I finally recieved my motor and the reciept, the tracking number on the reciept is different. So, it seems questionable if this company is legit and what i order is what i get. so if you know how to tell a JDM from a USDM please give me your knowlege. thank you.

hmotorsonline is reliable.. I've had great luck with them... i have ordered three engines from there so look at the block..

If the stamp on the block says B18C, then it's JDM.

If the stamp on the block says B18C1, then it's USDM.

I dont remember, but i remember saw something like P72 stamped on the block. sorry for not being helpful because I am 2 hrs from home and my motor is at home. I havent droped the motor in my car yet because I am not sure if I had been cheated and if i am then i want my money back. I will go home this thursday and install the motor this weekend and I will let you guys know whats the code stamped on the block. but in the mean time, how do you recoginzed a JDM from a USDM?? thanks for helping

P72 is the ECU code I think. Let me know if I'm mistaken. But on the engine block itself, if should have a stamp that says, B18C or B18C1. The stamp is located to the right of the tranny and under the valve cover area.

Ok, so what you means code you referring to the engine code...yeah, the engine code is a B18c.
so this is a jdm right? wfffff...what a releave. thaks a lot guys, my motor should be complete this weekend. once again thanks for your help

Hey Xionger1, thanks for your help man. oh, by the way, where you from. I am a Xiong too, name MengOs. You going to Rock falls this weekend or on the 19 of this April??? whats your ride so I can spot you if you do go.....looking forward to see you there this 19th of April. thanks

Hey Xionger1, Im in MN. if you go to Rockfalls raceway look for me there. You should see us, 1996 red 3000GT VR-4 , 1996 eclipse spyder gst, and me 1996 red hb, and a black 1998 black civic with a JDM GSR. what do I look for you if you go??? later bro

Good luck on the swap, are you doing it yourself? If you thought the ECU was the motor then you might be in trouble. JK, good luck man and have fun.

Back