1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you lower compression

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 1Twin1, Aug 12, 2006.

1. 1Twin1

1Twin1 Junior Member

ok heres the deal i have a 89 crx with a b16 swap with a toda stroker kit in it. i have put the motor up to 1797cc's with a compression ratio at 11.0:1. i orignanally wanted to go n/a and now i want to boost it with a turbo for more power but i dont know how to lower compression plz give advice

2. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

thicker head gasket, lower compression pistons

3. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

I would go lower compression pistons. Those Todas are very nice pistons, but not great for boost.

4. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

what headgasket are you using? 1 layer? 2 or 3 layer. I have a new felpro 3 layer if you want it. Dont for get that Toda sells thicker headgaskets for people who want to lower comp. i'll sell my Felpro 3 layer for 45 shipped

5. 97CTR

97CTR Senior Member

dude if you are are trying to sell a headgasket atleast tell him what thickness it is. Three layer tells him nothing.

Bottom line is if you want to keep your pistons then you will need a thicker headgasket.

6. Taco15

you know.......if i new i would definitly have told him. why do think I asked him what layer headgasket he has? Unless he gets something aftermarket like toda,cometic, etc. the felpro 3 layer is the thickest. correct me if i'm wrong

7. 1Twin1

1Twin1 Junior Member

well what size head gasket should i get???

8. Taco15

i'm guessing you dont know what HG you have on now since you havent torn the motor apart.:huh: If it was me i would tear the head and see what i have. If its a 1 layer then you good. That way you can find the thickest. The only place i know that offers thicker headgasket that state the compression is TODA. but then again i know there more companies.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted