How do you mask your ip address?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
ok.

i need a way i can mask my ip. i know there is something called a "shell" and people buy them and use them?

in other words, what website can i goto, or what program can i download (for free) that will allow me to mask my ip and how safe is it?

in my opinion "masking" your IP is sort of like puting one of those reflective covers over your license plate so that "cop cams" can't read your plate number

I'm sure that if someone wants to figure out who you are they will regardless of what ever "shell" you use

if you are really worried about getting busted then just stop downloading music. I agree with everyone that the RIAA and all that shit has gotten out of hand, but if you are affraid of getting in trouble then just stop doing things you can get in trouble for

Kazaa Lite is supposed to do this. Whether or not it does I don't know.

I am probably misinformed here, but I always thought one had to make money to violate a copyright.

Originally posted by seanjuan@Sep 10 2003, 02:43 PM
in my opinion "masking" your IP is sort of like puting one of those reflective covers over your license plate so that "cop cams" can't read your plate number

I'm sure that if someone wants to figure out who you are they will regardless of what ever "shell" you use

if you are really worried about getting busted then just stop downloading music. I agree with everyone that the RIAA and all that shit has gotten out of hand, but if you are affraid of getting in trouble then just stop doing things you can get in trouble for

That or start downloading music from artists/labels that encourage MP3 use.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Sep 10 2003, 03:49 PM
I am probably misinformed here, but I always thought one had to make money to violate a copyright.

I think you are mostly right. but I still think you need to own a license for any music you have. otherwise one person could just buy a cd and make a hundred copies and give them away to people.

the record company isn't getting any money if people are getting the music free somewhere and that is why there is a problem

IMO I wouldn't really worry about getting busted for downloading music. there are so many f'n people doing it that is it pretty much impossible for the RIAA to bust everyone. basically they are just going to make examples of a few people to scare people away from downloading music
I think your odds of getting busted are about as good as getting hit by lightning or winning the lottery

Originally posted by seanjuan+Sep 10 2003, 03:59 PM-->
@Sep 10 2003, 03:49 PM

I think you are mostly right. but I still think you need to own a license for any music you have. otherwise one person could just buy a cd and make a hundred copies and give them away to people.

the record company isn't getting any money if people are getting the music free somewhere and that is why there is a problem

IMO I wouldn't really worry about getting busted for downloading music. there are so many f'n people doing it that is it pretty much impossible for the RIAA to bust everyone. basically they are just going to make examples of a few people to scare people away from downloading music
I think your odds of getting busted are about as good as getting hit by lightning or winning the lottery

thats probably what all the people that got sued thought, "i wont be the one that the bastards at riaa'll catch".

the laws are getting out of control....bush just urged for an "even tougher" anti-terriost law, where they don't need warrants for arrests and no trial if they suspect you to be a terriost, which can basically can be anyone. a civil war's gonna bust out soon.

yea if the riaa really wants to bust you you can't really hide.

simple answer stop using kazza and move onto some other new p2p network client.
or you need to tell kazaa to go thru a proxy server before connecting to the kazaa network, do a search for public proxy addresses.

the laws are getting out of control....bush just urged for an "even tougher" anti-terriost law, where they don't need warrants for arrests and no trial if they suspect you to be a terriost, which can basically can be anyone. a civil war's gonna bust out soon.

Yeah big brother is coming, and at some point you'll all need to go fucking nutz and realize "you love big brother" 1984 is really happening which is really sad to say and see.

and we should all keep this in mind when election time comes around and give george the boot. why oh why dumb billions of dollars into a fuckin pos country when the money could be much better used here in the states.

anonymizer.com and i-cload.com/net or something like that.

or... go buy the cd's you're downloading. cheap ass.

christ- you are STILL scared of the RIAA.

dude, you have Dial up. you can't possibly even HAVE enough songs downloaded for the RIAA to even look at you

i havent dloaded much, but marc dloaded literally like 1000 one night.. .hahah

You cant get busted if you dont share it. It will lower your "rating" on Kazaa, but who the fuck cares anyways??

abc.jpg

That'll keep those pesky RIAA awat from your computer!!!

Back