How Do You Tell The Difference

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cadillac562

I am actually in the process of fixing up my crx but i am a newbie and would like to know what distinguishes a crx hf with other models and is there anything i can look at in the car or anywhere else that can give me the specific model of the car I dont know what it is

Try the title. Mine is an HF and it has a 1.5L 4cycl that has D15B6 on the block. of course my transmission is out of a different crx and I believe it came out of an SI. So I have an HF with an SI transmission.

Assuming this is a 90 or 91 CRX you're talking about using the Vin Number
position 456, Model
ED8 = 1.5L ,
ED9 = 1.6L

Position 8 , Grade/Trim
5 = CRX DX
6 = CRX HF/ Si , if it's a 6 and has a moonroof it's an Si

Position 10 Model Year
J = 88
K = 89
L = 90
M = 91

from the Honda Engine List reference material here at hondaswap:
D16A6 = CRX Si
D15B6 = CRX HF
D15B2 = CRX DX

Hope this helps a little

Damn i learned something. Well mine checks out to be what I thought besides the tranny. my Vin # is JHM(ED8=1.5L)3(6=HF/SI)1(L=1990)S00XXXX. No moon roof (I wish).

Easy, pop the hood:
DPFI= DX
Spark plugs closer to the exhaust manifold= HF
Spark plugs closer to the intake manifold= Si

* or right after the exhaust manifold is the catalitic converter= HF

* not to mention the difference in the size of the intake manifold. On the HF manifold my pe[bleep]is wouldnt fit in it.

the HF lacks a moonroof and rear wiper. Those are all swap options - On the chassis the real difference is the rear axle. the HF is a smaller axle (Lighter weight)

Back