how fast REALLY is an f1 car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get a real driver in that bmw M5. she sucked! Not very shocking to see an F! car beat a DD. sorry but i wasnt inpressed.

I didnt think it was a real challenge. A real challenge would be to race the F! car against that car awhile back with the ctr engine. damnit i cant think of the name. Its one of those cutom made cars...........I'll find it later

I've reloaded this video 4 times already. IT buffers to the end, and then it dies. Then I watch the whole goddam thing again

WTF man.

Quoted post[/post]]
A real challenge would be to race the F! car against that car awhile back with the ctr engine. damnit i cant think of the name. Its one of those cutom made cars...........I'll find it later
Quoted post[/post]]
ariel atom.
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
ariel atom.
Is that whats its called? :huh:
Quoted post[/post]]
yes.

Thus marks the 4th time I've heard that exact conversation this weekend. My dad called me at Airjockie's house this weekend "Hey, what was that tubular framed B18 powered car again?" That started the whole thing going.

Did you guys actually think the M5 had a chance?

An Ariel or any "street" car still wouldn't be able to keep up; the Ariel Atom weighs ~500-lbs less but its tires are nowhere as wide or sticky as the F1s. The Ariel lacks downforce whereas the GP F1 has enough downforce to keep it pinned to the ceiling if it were to drive upside down. Also; 300whp vs. ~800whp.

I want to see the Audi R8 or new R10 go against it :eek:

ariels are pretty sweet though and it would be alot closer, considering atoms manage 0-100-0 in 10.68 secs

Still not the fastest. The F1 car won because of the tracks. I imagine one of those high-speed testing grounds would have put the two closer.

Also, The Ariel Atom costs like, 1/68th the cost of the Williams BMW. :)

I just want a road car that can corner like that.

If you can outcorner Clayton's CRX I will be impressed. And remember, I'm not saying that because I'm a Honda newb, I've been around cars and on the track quite often. Clayton's CRX is just about like that M3 that B posted up a while back.

Back