how hard will it be?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Z-drive

I was wondering just how hard it would be to put a d16z6 head onto my 93 civic dx coupe.
I think the exhaust manifold, intake manifold,and distributor off of my car should be able to bolt up onto the new head, but am not sure.
Now I know i need a wiring harness and ecu, but how hard will it be to put the wiring harness on.
Also i heard i may need some new fuel injectors.
Any help is appreciated;thanks in advance.
:ph34r:

What you are trying to do is called a mini me swap. You can use the d16y8 (the better of the two) or the d16z6 head (there are others but these are the common ones. You will need to run wires for vtec, and you will need an obd1 ecu (an ecu that came from a 1992-1995 car) You should use the intake manifold off the head you get . You won't need new injectors; you can use the ones on the head or the ones of your old head if you need to. If you want even more power for not a lot of $$$ you could also swap your pistons with pistons from a ZC engine.

your distributor wont work, you need a sohc vtech dizzy(Obd 1) the exhaust manifold will fit, and like project said, its best to use the intake off the z6 motor

also you wont need a harness at all, your stock harness will plug right into the z6 head. you will need a p28 or p30 ecu, dont know what ecu is in your car right now, you may not even need that.

I'm located in Mississippi ,for whatever reason you needed to know.
So where do the wires for the vtec go? Do they only go to the vtec solenoid or are there other wires?

thanks alot for your help :worthy:

If you were around NH I was going to offer you a hand, but you are a little out of the way. You do need an ecu check my sig, projekteg can hook you up with a cheap ecu.

Back